Forums Horror Movie Talk
BREAKING: A New Cast & A New House Will Be Featured In Season Two Of American Horror Story

This just in Bidites - we got some breaking news to report regarding Season Two of American Horror Story, and it may leave a lot of it's fans really PO'ed!

According to the New York Times, Ryan Murphy, one of the masterminds behind the hit FX series, had a big surprise up his sleeve today when he announced that none of the characters from its first season, living or otherwise, will return in Season 2, nor will the creepy Los Angeles manon that was the setting for the show.

"The next year of the show – every season of the show – will be a different haunting,"

the co-creator said in a conference call with reporters. "So what you saw in the finale was the end of the Harmon house, and the second season of the show will be a brand new home or building to haunt." He added: "Just like this year, every season of the show will have a beginning, a middle and an end."

Created by Murphy and Brad Falchuk, who are also among the creators and producers of "Glee," AHS has been a breakout hit for FX, drawing a whopping 3.2 million viewers for its Wednesday finale, the network said, and earning Golden Globe nominations for the series and for Jesca Lange's performance which she is nominated for best supporting actress.

Murphy would not reveal which of his cast members would or would not be returning for Season 2, saying only that any actors who returned would be playing entirely new characters in a new story line and setting.

“The house is done,” he said. “It was a very sad day, in fact. It was like a week ago where we tore down all the sets. And usually when you wrap the first season of the show, you don’t do that. So it was kind of a weird but really satisfying moment. That was always the plan.”

What's your thoughts Bidites? Is this is a good idea? Can lightning strike twice with an entirely different cast?

Source: NY Times
Anonymous Thursday 12/22/2011 at 09:48 PM | 88564
I don't know how to feel. I was really loving those characters. They could have brought so much more to the table with just the characters alone.

However, the idea of new house, new characters, new haunting isn't really a bad idea, and it could turn out to be really cool, if they do it right.

Or it will flop.

I just didn't like how this season ended with potentially world-ending loose ends that really ought to be tied up...
nolifefan Thursday 12/22/2011 at 11:32 PM | 88568
I agree John, I love the cast but I was praying that they would make this move. I thought it might involve the same house but this will be cool and maybe they'll tie some of the first season stories into the new season and so on. This show could literally go on forever. I think it is one of the best horror series shows that has made it to the small screen and a blesng for the horror genre. I love the show and really think this will open the door to even more hardcore type horror shows. Crosng fingers. :)
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 12/23/2011 at 07:06 AM | 88586
I like the move. I think they can do better than the Harmon family.

Although, i was hoping the Harmons would be ghosts in the murder house and a new family would move in.
AgnesItsMeBilly Friday 12/23/2011 at 04:00 PM | 88595
This is the best news posble for this show. Can't wait.
JediRob Friday 12/23/2011 at 07:16 PM | 88599