Forums Horror Movie Talk
Writer Damon Lindelof Offers Some Insight On The 'Prometheus' Trailer

Last Thursday was a pretty big day for horror fans as it marked the debut of the official Prometheus trailer, which clocked in at 1:10, but in that short time frame fans we treated to some very fascinating visuals and one surprise as well, (the mythical "Space Jockey"), but other then that it is still pretty unclear as to what exactly the upcoming blockbuster has to do with it's predecessors. So who better then to ask then one of the men responble for writing the script, which is exactly what the L.A. Times did after the trailer premiered.

As one of the key writers for Prometheus, Damon Lindelof (Lost, Untitled Star Trek Sequel) seemed like perfect go to guy to get some answers, but as we're about to find out he's also pretty good at keeping secrets.

"One part of me sort of wants to be working on something where I can say, 'This is exactly what this is' without being secretive or mysterious," said Lindelof to the Times, "but I think that with the genes of this a couple of years ago — when Ridley announced that he wanted to make an ‘Alien’ prequel — that’s where this began and where it’s evolved to is this conversation: Is it or isn’t it ? And I think this little sort of dance that we’re doing bacally existed prior to anybody seeing anything.

Now that people are seeing stuff I think the material kind of speaks for itself. If you’re looking at it through the prism of ‘I want it to be that,’ you’ll notice the way the word ‘Prometheus’ comes up

or look at the production degn and the way the whole thing feels. If you’re looking at it from the perspective of wanting it to be something more original, I think the trailer accomplishes that by being pretty cool to people who have never even seen 'Alien.'"

Pictured: Damon Lindelof

Lindelof added: “It’s accomplishing what we set out to do. I wish that we didn’t have to be so mysterious about it but mystery can be a good thing as long as you’ve got the goods to back it up. In this case, when the movie arrives, one of the most vionary filmmakers in the history of cinema will be putting his cards on the table and I’m just kind of standing behind him with my arms folded.”

Prometheus stars Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace,

Charlize Theron, Patrick Wilson, Idris Elba and Guy Pearce and will be headed to theaters on June 8th, 2012.

Along with Lindelof, Jon Spaihts is also credited with writing the script.

http://youtu.be/sftuxbvGwiU

Source: The LA Times
Anonymous Tuesday 12/27/2011 at 11:29 PM | 88685