Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Will Jake Have To Fix This Movie? BLOOD SALVAGE (1990) Review

Of all the types of slashers around, the backwoods/inbred psychos type is one of the most popular, and with good reason. Backwoods killers can either be really entertaining, or they can be really scary. Some films have gone the more serious route, like The Hills Have Eyes and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and are pretty scary. Others have decided to have fun with the subject, like Hunter's Blood and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2, and are pretty fun movies. One such movie that attempts the "fun" route is today's unknown horror flick. Does it work, or is it so broken down it should be taken to the...

Blood Salvage 1990 Review

I've seen Blood Salvage three times, and two of those times I thought the movie sucked. I decided it deserved another chance, so I re-watched recently and I actually really liked it this time! The film has a lot of flaws, but it's best to go into this movie with an open mind and expect a goofy, entertaining backwoods psychopath film. It's no Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 (or Hunter's Blood, for that matter), but most fans of lost slashers will get a kick out of it. Most of the interactions between characters feel like excess flab, but when the "medical experiments" begin, it's really fun. The film isn't out on DVD yet, but finding a VHS copy isn't too hard, as they can be found on most selling webtes for cheap prices (or you can check it out below). I would say it's worth a buy for a cheap price, and it's certainly a film you'll pull out every so often and immerse yourself in a style of horror that's been mostly forgotten.

The Verdict: Blood Salvage manages to be a decent flick with a lot of fun moments, but certain detriments prevent it from being great.

http://youtu.be/Z1Rs7kqQ5iQ Don't trust my judgment? Here's four other opinions:

Video Vendetta Joe Bob Briggs Los Angeles Times The Video Graveyard
ObscureCinema101 Friday 12/30/2011 at 04:56 AM | 88774