Forums DVD & Blu-rays
Stephen King's Bag of Bones Is Coming To DVD: Find Out When

We just got wind from DVD Active that Mick Garris' four-hour long adaptation of Stephen King's

Bag of Bones is gearing up to hit DVD shelves this March, so if you missed the two day event which aired several weeks ago on the

A&E channel - here's your chance to own it.

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced the DVD release of Bag of Bones for March 13th, with a retail price expected to be $26.99. (Don't worry Amazon always has it cheaper)

Special Features Include:

Voicemail from d featurette I Miss You Jo featurette

Stay tuned for the package artwork.

Bag of Bones is based on a Stephen King novel about a writer (Brosnan) trying to recover from the death of his wife. A dream inspires him to return to the couple's lakede retreat in western Maine, where he becomes involved in a custody battle between the daughter of an attractive young widow (George) and the child's enormously wealthy grandfather while dealing with mysterious ghostly vitations, ever-escalating nightmares, and the realization that his late wife still has something to tell him.

Melissa George, Jason Priestly, Pierce Brosnan, Annabeth Gish, William Schallert, and Anika Noni Rose star.

Source: DVD Active
Anonymous Monday 1/02/2012 at 10:41 PM | 88898
i've got to predict horrible sales here. One of the biggest let downs I've seen in years. I had planned to review, it was such a piece of shit i completely abandoned that idea.

two thumbs down for this one. Crazy how much talent was involved in this stinker. WTF happened is all I can ask.
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 1/03/2012 at 12:19 AM | 88902
Definitely one of the most disappointing movies, made for televion or otherwise, that I've seen in quite some time.

I almost didn't finish watching the second night, but I powered through on the off chance that something interesting would happen . . . nothing did.
gummi Tuesday 1/03/2012 at 03:55 AM | 88915
I agree, when I wrote the article I originally typed the words "highly successful" but I couldn't lie, Bag of Bones was an epic failure, so I deleted those two words that I originally had placed right before "two day event."

Lol!
Anonymous Tuesday 1/03/2012 at 04:18 AM | 88918
This was filmed in my city, I ran into Stephen King downtown one day, got to shake his hand. Running into some one famous down here is a rare event.

Also Brosnan ate at my restaurant on several occaons, but that's nothing to write home about.
HorrorDaily Tuesday 1/03/2012 at 10:24 AM | 88921
This was filmed in my city, I ran into Stephen King downtown one day, got to shake his hand. Running into some one famous down here is a rare event.

Also Brosnan ate at my restaurant on several occaons, but that's nothing to write home about.

well, it's kinda cool though!

what kind of personality did king have?
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 1/03/2012 at 03:22 PM | 88922