Forums Horror Movie Talk
Is Paranormal Activity 4 "Scared" To Go Head-To-Head With Halloween 3D?

Earlier in the week we revealed that Paramount Pictures is current working on releang a 4th Paranormal Activity to the franchise which has already amassed a shit load of money worldwide. ( For those of you who aren't aware, a "shit load of money" is roughly $5.17 billion dollars)

We now have some more info to pass on, according to the Hollywood Reporter, we can expect to see more spooky shenanigans from the 'Paranormal' franchise on Friday, October 19th, 2012.

Unlike 2011, when Paramount faced no direct competition, there's already a horror movie set to be released for Halloween -- Dimenon Films' Halloween 3D, which is scheduled to hit theaters on Oct. 26. Although the 'Paranormal' franchise has held up fine against competition in the past, you have to believe that Paramount's decion to release PA4 one week earlier then Dimenon's H3D has a great deal to do with them not wanting to lose money to those in favor of

seeing the highly anticipated Halloween film.Little is known about the fourth installment in the franchise -- no writer or director has been named. Peli was coy when asked about the project in an interview with THR in December. "We are never going to make a sequel ... just for the sake of making a sequel."

Source: THR
Anonymous Thursday 1/05/2012 at 12:48 AM | 88994
Hm, I'll take my chances with Halloween....Love to see what Myers is going to do this time..and 3D seems like a nice new angle to work with. Although Halloween doesn't need a 3D treatment in my opinion. Paranormal Activity seems to be the new Friday the 13th franchise...every year they release a new one..looks like the new milk-cow...but I hope they won't

make PA in a space environment..that sounds just as redicilous as having Jason shot into space or have Pinhead on a spaceship...thought the PA movies had to look like reallife docu's.
UberJason78 Thursday 1/05/2012 at 11:27 AM | 89008
Pretty psyched for another Halloween film.

Will this one be a continuation from Rob Zombie's film?

A re-boot?

Or a stand alone Halloween film?

Any updates?
JohnCarpenterfan Thursday 1/05/2012 at 09:39 PM | 89015
Personally I am 100% for Halloween but the big problem I see is that Paranormal Activity has seemed to develope into one of those almost mainstream series where TONS of people will go see including teenagers all around looking for a scare.With Halloween,for on its the 3rd so not all people wouldve seen the other two(even though it prolly doesnt have to do with RZ's) but also its a slasher featuring killer who's died a million times and come back to life which doesnt appeal to that mainstream crowd like the Paranormal Activty movies do.But again illl be first in line for Halloween.
zombie10 Friday 1/06/2012 at 12:22 AM | 89022
I wil be truly surprised if Halloween 3D is even out this year, there still hasn't been a ngle official update yet! If they were to open same day, I'd do both (although RZ's H2 has scarred me for life unfortunately)
joshk1986 Saturday 1/07/2012 at 12:00 AM | 89057
I wil be truly surprised if Halloween 3D is even out this year, there still hasn't been a ngle official update yet! If they were to open same day, I'd do both (although RZ's H2 has scarred me for life unfortunately)

Rob Zombie's H2 was the result of the Akkads not letting Zombie make the film he wanted to make. Thus his message got all mumbled and the result was a clusterf***y nightmare. Paranormal Activity is a shit idea that has had shitty execution with shitty results yet the producers inst that more be made because the box office releases for each paranormal activity do so well.

I just wish they'd bring back Saw. t least now that they wouldn't be trying to do one once a year they'd be able to flesh out their ideas and make the horror movie we always wanted...
DestinationoftheDead Saturday 1/07/2012 at 12:56 AM | 89061

Rob Zombie's H2 was the result of the Akkads not letting Zombie make the film he wanted to make. Thus his message got all mumbled and the result was a clusterf***y nightmare. Paranormal Activity is a shit idea that has had shitty execution with shitty results yet the producers inst that more be made because the box office releases for each paranormal activity do so well.

I just wish they'd bring back Saw. t least now that they wouldn't be trying to do one once a year they'd be able to flesh out their ideas and make the horror movie we always wanted...

That's actually not true about the Halloween II. Zombie had free range to do what the hell he wanted. It was the script that was the nightmare and that was 100% Rob Zombie. Don't get me wrong, I fucking LOVE Rob Zombie but his Halloween II was disgraceful.

And I disagree with you on the PA series. The 3rd was definitely a disappointment, but the first 2 are great fun flicks. And people love them
joshk1986 Saturday 1/07/2012 at 06:38 AM | 89081
PA 1&2 were indeed great films...haven't seen part 3 yet... As for the RZ Halloween's...I just loved both films...he really tried to make something totally different and raw..and succeeded in my opinion. I don't get it why people bash those movies..ok H2 had an annoying Laurie Strode, but she also played a convincing victim..and Myers was finally seen in other moments then just showing up on Halloween..I liked those little details...also liked it that at the end he screamed to Loomis to die..call me stupid, but both RZ Halloweens were nicely shot and certainly a lot more watchable then H8 , wich in my opinion is the true piece of crap-project where they didn't try to dive deeper in the storylines, the Strode character or Myers himself. I think people will atleast agree with me on that. For the rest, it's personal taste wich Halloween is the most effective, bedes the original . I like all Halloween movies..even H8, although I think that one is the weakest.
UberJason78 Saturday 1/07/2012 at 12:01 PM | 89093
Paranormal Activity was too exaggerated. I didn't find it scary. It was sort of boring, and took a while to get into. Everyone was like, "Oh my God, this is fucking scary. I cried when I saw it." Why did they cry? It was nothing. I have yet to see parts two and three, but there have been already several bloopers as you may call them. Like in part one, when the wires slamming the door shut was perfectly noticeable, there is a bow in part three that says, "1994", although it takes place in 1988. 1994 will be when PA 4 will be taking place. How does that even scare people? Something dated back 18 years ago? Well, actually, that's not true. Some of the earlier films still have great effect. Anyways, Halloween 3D had better come out this year. I am wanting more information, but there is NOTHING! Time for HorrorBid to see what they can find out. I agree that another SAW should be made, and although people say, "Wow, they should end it already." Fuck them, people should not stop making movies and sequels because some people aren't pleased with it... What about the fans? Seriously, if they want more, fucking give them what they want! That's how I write, and if there is a good story, write it! I wouldn't mind seeing a new Friday the 13th either. Friday is coming up soon, let's see what happens. Hopefully more news. If not this Friday, April 13th would also be good to start hyping fans for a new Friday film. I heard Amy Steele and Andrienne King were to return, how's that going?
darkerdays Sunday 1/08/2012 at 07:30 PM | 89123