Forums Horror Movie Reviews
And That's Why You Don't Do Drugs: BUG - Movie Review

Today I decided to watch a movie I got for like 3 bucks at some random store named BUG (2006) starring Ashley Judd, Michael Shannon, and Harry Connick Jr. The director of this film was William Friedkin who also directed The Exorcist in 1973.

Here is the plot synops from the back of the DVD box.... "A lonely waitress with a tragic past, Agnes rooms in a run-down motel, living in fear of her abuve ex-husband. But when she begins a romance with Peter, an eccentric drifter, she starts to feel hopeful again - until the first bugs arrive....

Now I gotta admit I was expecting to see TONS of bugs and nasty sh*t in this film BUT..... the only bug you ever see in this film is a random fly flying around in the room. I found this to be very disappointing.

The acting in this film I felt was alright. There was moments where it looked like they lost character though. Bedes those moments I think all the actors did very well in this film.

I loved how the film took a look into the human psyche of a schizophrenic's and posble way of life.

Overall I give this film a 6 out of 10... it wasn't TOO bad but it was wasn't great either. Would I watch it again? No Would I recommend it to someone? Yes, if they were into the human psyche.
BloodyAdored Saturday 1/07/2012 at 02:32 AM | 89070
Wait...the trailer made it look like it was about people in a hotel room with bugs that ate them from the inde...if it's not about that then WHAT IS IT ABOUT?!?!?!?!
DestinationoftheDead Saturday 1/07/2012 at 03:14 AM | 89071
They have a deluon of bugs. One of them is a scitzo, and the girl loves him is a drug addicted paranoid, who grasps onto his deluon as a way to keep someone in her life. Slow burn, great pay off.

I'm gonna watch this again now.
HorrorDaily Saturday 1/07/2012 at 03:33 AM | 89073
I adore this movie, such a great mindfuck - an easy B+/A- effort. So many layers to this film it's incredible. EXTREMELY clever script work right here. INSANELY underrated IMO
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 1/07/2012 at 04:40 AM | 89076
I didn't care for this movie. I viewed it a few years ago and went into it expecting one of Judd's 'strong willed woman' roles. Nonetheless, I was taken aback by all the whining she did. I think a reviewing is in order, but on first impreson I despised this flick.
creephouse Sunday 1/08/2012 at 12:18 AM | 89102
I saw this movie several years back and I thought it was a great psychological flick. In many ways I find this movie to be

a black comedy/love story rather then a horror flick. I also agree with Matt on this one - Bug is a grossly underrated film.
Anonymous Monday 1/09/2012 at 02:01 AM | 89135
I saw this movie when it came out..I thought the acting was pretty good, good enough that I felt really sad for the main female character.
Moon Monday 1/09/2012 at 07:08 AM | 89165
Brilliant film, not a horror but a gem nevertheless.

Harry Connick Jr is fucking awesome in it
joshk1986 Monday 1/09/2012 at 08:07 AM | 89166
Brilliant film, not a horror but a gem nevertheless.

Harry Connick Jr is fucking awesome in it

I think Harry was just born fucking awesome. That dude just RULES. The wife had me watch this little segment on the Ellen show where he's talking about "creeping" (I think that was the term) - anyway, dude just squeezes into random photos in hella weird places so you can barely see him - shit was hilarious.
Matt_Molgaard Monday 1/09/2012 at 08:41 PM | 89197