Forums Horror Movie Talk
HALLOWEEN 3D (H3D) Should Use The Plot Of HALLOWEEN 4

The original Halloween 4 was a real breath of fresh air after a failed Halloween 3.

First of all I liked the appearance of new characters and a new story. It is unfortunate that the film itself is a bit unfinished. I mean, there were few obvious errors: Michael is easy to find Jamie, although he had never seen her in a real life, Michael blows up a gas station, Loomis survives in

the huge exploon at the end of the second movie, etc.

What I want to say is that the writers of the new Halloween is to build on an old story, but to correct his biggest mistakes.

Here is my short veron of the script: Michael and Laurie are in prison hospital, after the events at the end of the second film. Michael is in a deep coma, and Laurie finds herself pregnant. Then she gives birth a little girl, which adopt by the ex-sheriff Brekket. 10-12 years later, Michael finally comes to life. He kills Laurie (like in H8) as well as several doctors and guards. Then Michael reads in their own personal document that he has a niece. The document also specified age and address of his niece and have her photo. Michael escapes from the hospital to kill the girl ...

What do you say? I would love to hear your ideas about this.

Jerry Blake Monday 1/09/2012 at 02:42 PM | 89175
I think there should be no more Halloween movies unless you finally make one were Michael Final dies in it and just end the series once and for all .
Nightmareblade17 Monday 1/09/2012 at 05:27 PM | 89179
This would be a more believable way to go about H4 again. Only thing is the Laurie pregnant part is sorta unbelievable yet believable at the same time. IN RZ's H2 Laurie was a bit of a uncontrollable wild child, which would make us believe that maybe she was a little premiscous during the 2 year break between both films(Throwing up, having strange stomach feelings maybe it wasn't tied to Michael after all and she was prego). On the other hand it doesn't really mention or hint at the fact Laurie had been sexually active, she bearly even mentions boys except Ben in H1. So maybe they could write in the fact that Laurie's sons/daughters father is Ben Tramer after all which would be an amazing throwback and at least Lauries kid could have a believable yet nastalgic family!
AJxSCREAMx87 Monday 1/09/2012 at 05:35 PM | 89180
I think there should be no more Halloween movies unless you finally make one were Michael Final dies in it and just end the series once and for all .

Great idea. In fact, I thought about it myself.

I think that in the final Michael should be slashed into small pieces. Maybe with the help of lawn mowers, or in garbage truck. Also, I think that last 5-10 minutes of the film, Michael must be unmasked.

I even have an idea of

​how he will look like. Something like this, only more pale and with a some scars:

Jerry Blake Monday 1/09/2012 at 05:56 PM | 89183
I love the Jamie Lloyd character,but if they do pick up from H2 they would likely continue from the DC.It's the veron 95% of people are familiar with ,and Laurie dies at the end.If they do a stand alone film,this would be too connected to the Laurie plot to really call it a "stand alone" film.

I'd love to see it though,Jamie Lloyd is a great character.
matthew28 Monday 1/09/2012 at 06:10 PM | 89186
I love the Jamie Lloyd character,but if they do pick up from H2 they would likely continue from the DC.

Actually according to some interview, Todd Farmer said that he wrote the script, which continues theatrical ending, not DC.
Jerry Blake Monday 1/09/2012 at 06:40 PM | 89187
Man, I don't know what you guys are talking about. This is the first "Halloween 3" that will have Michael in it, and you want them to redo H4? Why? It was perfect the way it was. They can do anything they want with this installment, and I vote for something new. The whole Jamie Loyd/Luarie being preggers thing would come out of nowhere and feel really tacked on. I think it would be dumb to just bring back old shit when they could do something new. Plus Michael spent half of the last movie unmasked, so what would be the point of having him unmasked at the end of this one? And Michael will never fucking die, they already tried to kill him off for good at least 2 or 3 times, but always find a way to bring him back (even if he gets his head cut off). Bedes, even if they did kill him "for good" they'd just reboot the series again to bring him back (why would you want him to stay dead anyway?). I for one just want to see something different, something that doesn't ruin characters or story lines that have already been done before. In any case, I totally think being in 3d will bring this movie down, at least for me.
Nick Death Monday 1/09/2012 at 09:14 PM | 89198
Man, I don't know what you guys are talking about. This is the first "Halloween 3" that will have Michael in it, and you want them to redo H4? Why? It was perfect the way it was. They can do anything they want with this installment, and I vote for something new. The whole Jamie Loyd/Luarie being preggers thing would come out of nowhere and feel really tacked on. I think it would be dumb to just bring back old shit when they could do something new. Plus Michael spent half of the last movie unmasked, so what would be the point of having him unmasked at the end of this one? And Michael will never fucking die, they already tried to kill him off for good at least 2 or 3 times, but always find a way to bring him back (even if he gets his head cut off). Bedes, even if they did kill him "for good" they'd just reboot the series again to bring him back (why would you want him to stay dead anyway?). I for one just want to see something different, something that doesn't ruin characters or story lines that have already been done before. In any case, I totally think being in 3d will bring this movie down, at least for me. Ditto
ObscureCinema101 Monday 1/09/2012 at 11:25 PM | 89207
I personally feel like there's a lot of the Laurie strode story left. Atleast pick up with a funeral and let Michael move on afterwards.

My take on it would be to continue with H2 TC and have Michael picked up and taken to the morgue. Have brackett demand myers be buried as soon as posble, with no funeral. While Michael is being buried by gravediggers, reveal one of them to be 'chet the bringer of death', who wants to get a peek of his 'hero' Chet opens up the casket to take a peek, and a wide awake Michael springs out and dispatches the gravediggers.

Michael moves on to hunt down Laurie at a private Mental Hospital where she is under the care of a mysterious doctor . Chet survives and follows Michael taking the role of the foreteller of death. Brackett hears word of Chet's premonition and attempts to prevent Michael from reaching Laurie. Brackett reaches the hospital to find injured Laurie (and posbly Annie) battling Michael to the death, ending in a fiery exploon, leadng up to the revamped H4 .

-Note that Loomis would be absent in this, his role taken over by Brackett, who seemed more fitting of a protector in H2.
creephouse Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 01:18 AM | 89212

Thats an awful idea. Why would they want to end the best horror franchise ever? I hope they continue to keep making them.
Halloween1978 Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 01:43 AM | 89215
They can do anything they want with this installment, and I vote for something new.

Dude, I should remind you what was all the "new" things in the Halloween saga?

H3, H6, H8, RZ'H2... all of these movies brings something "new" in the franchise...

It is reasonable to use something that has already works correctly, but make it even better.
Jerry Blake Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 10:11 AM | 89230
Show something new as story..that's what I want to see...if I may add something I liked about a person who wrote a sequel to Curse..the part where Laurie ts in the mental hospital and says she's waiting for her brother...it's just a little thing, but I really liked that..but ok, that has probably nothing to do with H3. But the story of Myers shoulkd continue without Laurie..maybe let her have a part in the movie for the first 30 minutes...and not for 5 minutes like in Resurrection, and put her face on the poster..that to me was a big no-no. either way, don't kill Michael...I love this character too much too let him be re-made again..RZ's Myers is very cool, but I don't think they can remake him better..probably be just as dissapointing as Krueger
UberJason78 Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 01:33 PM | 89232
They can do anything they want with this installment, and I vote for something new.

Dude, I should remind you what was all the "new" things in the Halloween saga?

H3, H6, H8, RZ'H2... all of these movies brings something "new" in the franchise...

It is reasonable to use something that has already works correctly, but make it even better. I actually liked H3 and H6, and if you're suggesting something new always fails, just look at part 4 (new characters and new story line) that was one of the best ones. Its not imposble to make something different work.
Nick Death Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 02:31 PM | 89234
I personally feel like there's a lot of the Laurie strode story left. Atleast pick up with a funeral and let Michael move on afterwards.

My take on it would be to continue with H2 TC and have Michael picked up and taken to the morgue. Have brackett demand myers be buried as soon as posble, with no funeral. While Michael is being buried by gravediggers, reveal one of them to be 'chet the bringer of death', who wants to get a peek of his 'hero' Chet opens up the casket to take a peek, and a wide awake Michael springs out and dispatches the gravediggers.

Michael moves on to hunt down Laurie at a private Mental Hospital where she is under the care of a mysterious doctor . Chet survives and follows Michael taking the role of the foreteller of death. Brackett hears word of Chet's premonition and attempts to prevent Michael from reaching Laurie. Brackett reaches the hospital to find injured Laurie (and posbly Annie) battling Michael to the death, ending in a fiery exploon, leadng up to the revamped H4 .

-Note that Loomis would be absent in this, his role taken over by Brackett, who seemed more fitting of a protector in H2.

I love that idea. It's like Halloween II (1981) meets the beginning of Resurrection, if you look at it my way. Mental hospital killing spree, with an exploon ending it, setting up the whole road for a kickass new H4! Kudos, r!

AbominableDrPhibes78 Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 07:23 PM | 89248

I love that idea. It's like Halloween II (1981) meets the beginning of Resurrection, if you look at it my way. Mental hospital killing spree, with an exploon ending it, setting up the whole road for a kickass new H4! Kudos, r!Thank You Very Much! It'll probably never happen, but it'd be nice to see.
creephouse Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 11:22 PM | 89264
That was an OK idea reminds me of the one I had I always wanted them continue with Jamie's son have him find out about his ster that his mom gave up (to protect her) of course we would have to go with Jamie never being killed like they did in the epic H6 :), but I digress...like I was saying I wanted Josh to find out about his ster and also have Michael find out that she was alive/existed and the both of them would try to get to her it's almost like THE TERMINATOR, you know how both guys had to get to John Connor 1st! b4 the other. I always wanted that. The only issue I have with your idea for a follow up is that would be like getting rid of the man in black aka Dr Wynn not really a big big role but I loved that entire shit, I dunno I just think anything like that would just mess up H5 which is such a great sequel. I like the idea tho it's dope actually, but i'm really with dude a few rows up from me let's start fresh have something new but keep it OLD SCHOOL!! like JCarpenter THANK GOD that's what the guys are doing for H3.
Pepaa Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 11:37 PM | 89267
Man, I don't know what you guys are talking about. This is the first "Halloween 3" that will have Michael in it, and you want them to redo H4? Why? It was perfect the way it was. They can do anything they want with this installment, and I vote for something new. The whole Jamie Loyd/Luarie being preggers thing would come out of nowhere and feel really tacked on. I think it would be dumb to just bring back old shit when they could do something new. Plus Michael spent half of the last movie unmasked, so what would be the point of having him unmasked at the end of this one? And Michael will never fucking die, they already tried to kill him off for good at least 2 or 3 times, but always find a way to bring him back (even if he gets his head cut off). Bedes, even if they did kill him "for good" they'd just reboot the series again to bring him back (why would you want him to stay dead anyway?). I for one just want to see something different, something that doesn't ruin characters or story lines that have already been done before. In any case, I totally think being in 3d will bring this movie down, at least for me.

I totally agree 100%!!!
1428Elm Wednesday 1/11/2012 at 03:30 AM | 89278
The problem I see with this is that whatever route they go down will have to be done by retcon and with so much of Michael's backstory already shown in great detail, where do they go with it? How is this NOT going to become a formulaic slasher with Myers stuck in the lead role and a bunch of no name kids running around getting killed for no reason? The answer is most likely that it will end up being just that. Oh but it'll be in 3D! Yay!

Here's an idea...Michael somehow comes bacck and is ushered to the lver Shamrock

Company, where a former guard from the asylum works now. He explains to them about Michaels mask making. Now seeing as they have plans for a mass sacrifice to their god, what better way to do it than to have the incarnation of pure evil make their masks for them that they will sell to the public. He imbues pure evil into each kiddie mask he degns and the people who wear them become unstoppable killing machines! Fast forward a year and the new line of masks is ready to go for Halloween! The tagline for the movie can be, "Tonight is the night they were all like Mike!"

They could even hand out masks that had the 3D lenses in them so you could feel like part of the movie when the lver Shamrock theme played!
Anonymous Wednesday 1/11/2012 at 07:02 PM | 89308
@ NIGHTMAREBLADE17. they already did man, H20 was the perfect "END" to the original series god know why they had to do Ressurection especially when their next move was to reboot, I pretend that H20 is the neat little bow I wanted to put a close to the original series but I'm never gonna moan about the reboots, they dont just erase the originals they are still and always will be there but the characters

Myers, Voorhees, Krueger, Leatherface they are all so iconic that I dont wanna see them fade from the big screen.
grant.neal Thursday 1/12/2012 at 09:05 AM | 89330
I love the Jamie Lloyd character,but if they do pick up from H2 they would likely continue from the DC.

Actually according to some interview, Todd Farmer said that he wrote the script, which continues theatrical ending, not DC.

Yes,that was before they released the Director's cut as the default dvd.They have now said it will be a stand alone movie,because it would be too confung to release a sequal to the TC when 95% of people have only seen the director's cut.Scout will not be in the movie,she has even said so,and is not happy about it.
matthew28 Thursday 1/12/2012 at 06:37 PM | 89348
just look at part 4 (new characters and new story line) that was one of the best ones. Its not imposble to make something different work.

When Halloween 4 came out, Halloween franchise wasn't so hackneyed, creators could tell the new things about Michael's story and do not spoil main idea of

​the series. Exactly that part 4 has been potively accepted by the fans. But nce H5 the 'new' things turned against Michael himself. Stupid 'Thorn' rune, stupid telepathy between Michael and Jamie, stupid Tina... All this was new. Result: the film flopped And then came Halloween 6 that also brought many 'new', it was accepted by the fans even worse, that H5... That's why I say that after the failed H2009 the ONLY thing that can save Halloween, its returning to it best synops. In this case, H4 plot is perfect.
Jerry Blake Thursday 1/12/2012 at 08:47 PM | 89354
I personally don't think they should remake H4, i just don't see the point, posbly ruin another entry in the series with a remake? It would only put the series in a deeper hole. They should do a stand alone film with H3 (not in 3D), its a first for Michael. I actually tolerated H2, yes it did turn the series into a horrible direction but if they use the TC veron then i think its not to late to bring back the series. I think Michael should find a new mask, new clothes, and go back into the shadows, kind of being a ghost (of course hes not). Make him the shape again, have Laurie come to her senses and be a sane person, i loved her in the Halloween remake, but make her strong in this one, shes not scared anymore (and no more damn screaming), like Jamie Lee in her 3rd appearance in H20, it would actually be cool to have Jamie Lee Curtis come back as a new character,if not a new character then just a cameo, it would be like a love note to the original, its sequel and H20 . I just want to see Michael back on the big screen and they can keep making as many sequels as they want, ill buy a ticket for every one. So to sum it up, direct sequel to H2, back to the bacs (The shape, stalker), a non-psychotic Laurie, and from there they should be able to conjure up a great sequel.
elmstreetjme Thursday 1/12/2012 at 09:42 PM | 89359
have Laurie come to her senses and be a sane person, i loved her in the Halloween remake, but make her strong in this one, shes not scared anymore (and no more damn screaming), like Jamie Lee in her 3rd appearance in H20.

Even with all my imagination, I can not imagine how it might work with the new Laurie.
Jerry Blake Thursday 1/12/2012 at 10:26 PM | 89363
That is the stupidest shit I've ever heard. No adopted child's information would never be documented in the file of the birth mother, no matter how batshit crazy she is. There is a confidentiality law that is used by adoption agencies, ya jackass. Sherriff Brackett has been through enough hell without raing the demon spawn of wigged out Laurie Strode. And If I recall correctly, after Annie's Death, Sherriff Brackett retired and moved away from Haddonfield (it's explained in Halloween 4.) So the shit of which you speak for Halloween 3D is not even being an even half-assed remake of 4. So just watch the movie when it's released, keep your plot ideas in your head,& let Todd Farmer & Patrick Luser do what they do best....make the fuckin' movies.
Hellion Hellsing Friday 1/13/2012 at 12:17 AM | 89371
That is the stupidest shit I've ever heard. No adopted child's information would never be documented in the file of the birth mother, no matter how batshit crazy she is. There is a confidentiality law that is used by adoption agencies, ya jackass.

Who told you this idiotic information? Documents for adoption always made. And the government have full ownership of this documents. The information is not given only to civilians, you should know that...And in this case, the information owned by imprisonment of asylum's administration, who also representatives of the government.

If I recall correctly, after Annie's Death, Sherriff Brackett retired and moved away from Haddonfield (it's explained in Halloween 4.) So the shit of which you speak for Halloween 3D is not even being an even half-assed remake of 4.

You need to carefully read my first post. I said I wanted that screenwriters fixed some bugs of the original H4. That is why in my variation Sheriff Brackett in the film. Many fans has often noted that Brackett's

absence was a big mistake of H4...

So just watch the movie when it's released, keep your plot ideas in your head,& let Todd Farmer & Patrick Luser do what they do best....make the fuckin' movies.

I wonder if they send Michael in space, as was the case with Jason, it will satisfy all your expectations?
Jerry Blake Friday 1/13/2012 at 07:49 AM | 89396
just make a story replacing part 3,thats the misng piece after the hospital to searching for laurie
riffmaster chris Saturday 1/14/2012 at 01:21 AM | 89441
This idea sounds pretty solid, however I just have to remark upon the fact that this being a new installment and all, I think many of us will agree that the idea should be new. A lot of people hated Rob Zombie for playing around with newer ideas and trying to tread new ground with this franchise. I think that new ideas can be done, if executed correctly. As I said before, this idea seems to be pretty cool, but in the end, I think it would be even cooler to see a new idea (that is done nicely) which may be able to revive the franchise after the trodden wasteland that was the Rob Zombie's films.
TheyCallMeGhostface Monday 1/16/2012 at 09:25 PM | 89571