Forums Horror Movie Talk
Will Michael Myers Return This Year in HALLOWEEN 3D?

With months nce the announcement that HALLOWEEN 3D was penciled in for an October 26th, 2012 release date one has to start wondering when we will hear some more "hard" news about the return of the masked one. nce the Weinstein Brothers and Dimenon Films announced they wanted to go in a different direction writer Todd Farmer had to resubmit yet another new script draft that he and director Patrick Luser would eventually begin to film. At least that is the last we have heard.

With the announcement of THE EVIL DEAD remake getting its first cast member Lily Collins (a film that won't be released

until April 12th, 2013) and THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3D already getting a poster (due out later this year) one has to start wondering if there is enough time to fit "H3D" into the October release window. Add on top of that a PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4 release date just two weeks before the supposed release of the third remake of the HALLOWEEEN franchise and the anticipation of a late in the year release date becomes even tougher to believe.

This isn't a mple "found footage" film that can be thrown together, at least we're told that it isn't going to be ,but who really knows at this point. With no script being confirmed, no word on a director or production date and no real news leaking about the film are we at a point of no return here or can the Weinstein Brothers till pull a rabbit (or Michael Myers) out of their hate? It is still January and Rob Zombie shot HALLOWEEN 2 and had it cut and ready to role in less than four months, it can be done, but will it be the "return to the John Carpetner roots" we've been promised or will it be a rushed project that many feel the remake of Zombie's "H2" was?

Time will tell, what do you Bidites think? Will we see "H3D" this year?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 07:05 PM | 89245
I wish it just wouldn't happen. Halloween is and will always be my favorite series, and I'd hate to see it get ruined. I'm a huge fan of Rob Zombie and his work, and I loved his remake and sequel. I know this is very debatable but I feel that it should just be left alone. I think H2 had the perfect ending, anything attempting to resurrect the series now would just be an embarrassment. But hell, who knows? Maybe something potive could come of it. I just highly, highly doubt we'll see it on October 26, 2012. At this stage, the shooting should already have been over, and the crew should be heading to the editing room. Unless they have a big secret up their sleeves, we should have heard about it months ago at the very least.
AbominableDrPhibes78 Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 07:17 PM | 89247
Abominable, I completely agree. H2 was an amazing end to the series...Even though I say that, I will gladly see a third when it's made (and let's face it...it will be eventually). However, an October 26, 2012 release date gets less and less likely with each pasng week of no news. I would rather them wait until 2013 than rush to make a 2012 date.

With that said, it's very posble it can be done, but whether or not it will be done WELL is a totally different question.
jarredah Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 07:46 PM | 89251
They have just over 10 months until the supposed release date for H3. Which bacally gives them until the middle of April to get the production rolling. That is still a lot of time however I don't see it happening.
Pinhead Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 09:54 PM | 89258
Who knows anymore, honestly? The Weinstein brothers are fucking pisng me off. Halloween 3 has to be made, and it isn't fair to have to wait another year. I may be dead in a year. Who knows? I just want to see Halloween 3 be a reality, not a fantasy.
darkerdays Tuesday 1/10/2012 at 11:33 PM | 89265
the SAW franchise had another clever script done and ready to film by February every year, im expecting news between now and valentines day.
JBM2005 Wednesday 1/11/2012 at 06:28 AM | 89282
I have no doubt that Myers will return in Halloween 3D...the studio will not make the same mistake again by throwing Myers out and put a crazy Irish maskmaker into the plot....or if they will and try to tie the Season of the witch to the Myers-saga, it would have to be written by a true-true fan ( but knowing that the producers don't take the effort to really create an original story, it won't happen) So no worries here about a Myers-less sequel...just hope we don't have to wait another year for a slasher like Halloween or Friday the 13th...( although the rumours about a Halloween Resurrection also were 3 years running before the crappy movie came out) Let's just hope Todd Farmer will have a firm hand in the next installment, and keeps his ideas close to the end result...I know he was pretty bummed by the result of Jason X
UberJason78 Wednesday 1/11/2012 at 11:46 AM | 89285
rob zombies h2 was a piece of sheet and he is a one trick pony, all his movies are about white trash

that being said...................................................

let the franchise rest in piece!!!!!

there hasn't been a really good halloween nce h20

every one nce has not been good at all

resurrection was god awful

rzs halloween was ok but his h2 was so bad it made halloween 5 look brilliant, i'm ck of them making michael a hulking beast, that is NOT scary!

Michael had a good run, lets end it before he becomes even more of a mockery than he already is

though i'm sure if they bring another one out i'll end up going to see it
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 1/11/2012 at 08:27 PM | 89310
If they do make another, people will want to see it. You know people that are true fans will go and watch it even tho people say that it should have just ending how long ago. I will see it, I'll even buy it. And I'll have to dissagree with you on the hulk comment. RZ took his look on it, and I thought he did a good job but he just should have stopped at the first remake then stopped. But thats my peace.
CinemaNerd Tuesday 1/24/2012 at 09:39 AM | 89854
Abominable, I completely agree. H2 was an amazing end to the series...Even though I say that, I will gladly see a third when it's made (and let's face it...it will be eventually). However, an October 26, 2012 release date gets less and less likely with each pasng week of no news. I would rather them wait until 2013 than rush to make a 2012 date.

With that said, it's very posble it can be done, but whether or not it will be done WELL is a totally different question.

Yes! Like I said, maybe it can be done, but I'd wait ten years to have a good sequel than have a shitty rush job money-maker.

AbominableDrPhibes78 Monday 1/30/2012 at 01:05 AM | 89983
Jerry Blake Wednesday 2/01/2012 at 08:07 PM | 90076