Forums Horror Movie Talk
Should Ronny Yu Forever Be Banned From American Horror?

All I want to say: who does he think he is?

He never was a horror film director, he was director of action and stupid comedy's. But when he came to the U.S. he grabbed a stranglehold a famous American horror serials, despite the fact that he was never a fan any

of them. This led to a great horror "Child's Play" become the retarded and horrendous sequel called 'Bride of Chucky'.

But that was not enough to him. The next step, he destroyed Freddy and Jason, turned long-awaited battle into stupid circus.

I say Ronny Yu, get back into that hall from where you crawled! American horror is not for you! Directed some 'Fearless' sequels, or create a crossover between your 'The Bride with White Hair' and 'Warriors of Virtue' at last... But stop destroying famous horror icons.

And what can you say about this? It needs to stop or sooner or later he can get to such modern horror series like the 'Saw' and 'Paranormal Activity'...
Jerry Blake Thursday 1/12/2012 at 08:27 PM | 89352
Neither Bride of Chucky and Freddy VS Jason were great films... but I think to say he should be banned from American horror is going a bit far. I could think of many other directors that are far worse... say... Uwe Boll?
joshk1986 Saturday 1/14/2012 at 04:55 AM | 89447
say... Uwe Boll?

At least, Uwe

does not ruined our favorite characters. He's just a bad director.
Jerry Blake Saturday 1/14/2012 at 09:13 AM | 89455
Bride of Chucky was ok.....but Freddy vs. Jason was not that good....especially Jason was a very big dissapointment. Yu made him a ssy and a slow and friendly guy...To me that was the biggest no-no on that movie. Let's hope he can do other movies, instead of horror...or maybe.....just maybe, he learned from his mistakes. Yesterday FvJ was on televion..I did watch it, liked it, but only the battle at the end was satisfying to me. So his take on action sequences is alot better then his feel for directing teenagers with plastic boobs.
UberJason78 Saturday 1/14/2012 at 10:51 AM | 89457
.....just maybe, he learned from his mistakes.

I do not think, it ever happens. I saw his interview in 'NEVER SLEEP AGAIN: THE ELM STREET LEGACY', and he still behaves like a complete idiot. '-Horror can not be taken seriously' - he said. WTF?
Jerry Blake Tuesday 1/17/2012 at 08:32 AM | 89600