Forums Horror Movie Talk
What if FRIDAY THE 13: The Remake Was In Different Hands?

Yesterday I watched 'Descent 2', and it was really well done sequel to the original. I think the sequel of the Friday the 13 remake must be just such like this.

Maybe writting wasn't so good but direction by editor John Harris is realy strong. Violence shown excellent, suspense is present in the right places, and the visual de of incredibly good.

So I say to produsers if you're really going to create a sequel to a F132009, give it into the hands of John Harris. No need to hire another incompetent protege of Sean S. Cunningem, as it was with JGTH and JX, and do not hire another stupid Chinaman, who did not watch the original series, and who loves humor. If you need a good and cheap director, my word: go to John Harris!

Jerry Blake Thursday 1/12/2012 at 09:17 PM | 89355
Freddy vs Jason was the best iteration of both characters. Ronny Yu is a great director! If you want a good Friday the 13th movie you don't let Michael Bay produce

DestinationoftheDead Friday 1/13/2012 at 12:11 AM | 89367
Freddy vs Jason was the best iteration of both characters. Ronny Yu is a great director! If you want a good Friday the 13th movie you don't let Michael Bay produceI have to respectfully disagree. I thought Freddy vs Jason was the worst iteration of both characters, with the exception of maybe Jason X. Please, anyone but Ronny Yu. Or Michael Bay. Give it to someone like Ti West or Alexandre Aja.
Boisv Friday 1/13/2012 at 12:28 AM | 89376
......So him being a "stupid Chinaman" has something to do with him being a bad director?
Nick Death Friday 1/13/2012 at 02:41 AM | 89382
Ronny Yu is a great director!

I agree that he is a good director. But ONLY when he creates something of his own. But when he is taken to remake other people's ideas, the same thing

happens what happened with the Batman films, when they took over by Joel Shummaher, and I do not think it makes sense to argue.

......So him being a "stupid Chinaman" has something to do with him being a bad director?

This was only my sense of humor...
Jerry Blake Friday 1/13/2012 at 08:00 AM | 89397
Well it seems to me that you should be more upset with the WRITERS of those movies. There's only so much a director can do with a bad script, and those scripts weren't his ideas; he didn't write that shit. Even a really great director would have to follow the story handed out to them, and if it was really bad there's only so much they could do to make it better, mostly visually. I think the main problem with Freddy vs Jason was that it was in development hell for so long (I remember at one point it actually held a record for "most delayed movie project" in Guiness). But I still don't think what we saw were his verons of Freddy and Jason exactly, just what he had to work with at the time. And the timing was all wrong, I think. The 2000's....ehh. There were some parts I liked about that movie and some I hated (that one chick killing Freddy instead of Jason, Jason all of sudden being afraid of water even though he spends time in it) but still, I blame the writers more and at least believe it wasn't all his fault.....I really rambled on there, but in clong I'll say that Bride of Chucky was fun at least and I'm not big on Ronnie Yu but he probably should do more original projects.
Nick Death Friday 1/13/2012 at 08:32 AM | 89399
. There's only so much a director can do with a bad script, and those scripts weren't his ideas; he didn't write that shit. Even a really great director would have to follow the story handed out to them, and if it was really bad there's only so much they could do to make it better, mostly visually.

I should remind you that Ronny Yu was the one who replaced Kane Hodder by unknown Canadian?

And I'll say more you know that Ronny Yu rewrote the original script by Shannon and Swift? It was he who wrote the line 'little pennis', Shannon and Swift talked about this. I suggest you read the original script of FvJ: Freddy Vs Jason - Final Draft (May 16, 2002) It is very different from the final veron
Jerry Blake Friday 1/13/2012 at 08:49 AM | 89400
Descent 2 was a MASVE MASVE failure for me. Everything magical about the first was completely absent in the sequel.

So....no. Keep Harris as far away as posble!
Matt_Molgaard Friday 1/13/2012 at 02:01 PM | 89406
"I should remind you that Ronny Yu was the one who replaced Kane Hodder by unknown Canadian?"

I am always gonna be pissed that Kane was not in that movie....shame, shame, shame.

Nick Death Friday 1/13/2012 at 07:53 PM | 89415
Well for the kids who don't understand respect for your elders which means respecting what paved the way for your interest if they are still in pure form not twilight forum then I would like the rumored original plan with a in between 1-2 and I believe a 2-3, 3-4 to know what Jason did then. That is what should have happened. No more reboots which is a ck way of saying remake cause dude wake up. You live the corporate way and you end up being let down.
MickeyESBBeck Friday 1/13/2012 at 11:21 PM | 89426