Forums Television
UPDATE: "The Bates Motel" Will Deliver "Dark, Twisted" Back-tale For "PSYCHO" Prequel

UPDATE: Some more information released about the "Bates Motel".

"Bates Motel" is a present-day telling of the "formative years of Norman Bates,

relationship with his mother, Norma, and the world they inhabit," said the official statement. "Viewers will have access to the dark, twisted backstory and learn first-hand how Norma helped forge the most famous serial killer of them all."

"Psycho" is widely credited with giving rise to the "slasher" horror genre with its tale of a lonely owner of a desolate motel who's responble for a string of murders.

With all of the recent success with horror on TV, networks are starting to see what people want. But is a show based on Alfred Hitchcock's clasc Psycho what we want?

That's right, A&E announced they will be creating a televion series set to be a prequel to the 1960 clasc.The show is entitled Bates Motel and will give us a better look into the mind of one of the original slashers,Norman Bates.

Here's what A&E announced: Bates Motel serves as a prequel to the most famous fright film of all-time, Psycho. A&E is currently in script development. Bates Motel will give viewers an intimate understanding of how Norman Bates' psyche developed from his childhood through his teen years. Fans will have access to the dark, twisted back-story and learn first hand how his mother, Norma, and her lover damaged Norman, helping forge the most well-known serial killing motel owner in history.

Haven't we seen this before? That's right, after the failed 1987 pilot for the same titled show following the path of one, Norman Bates.

Do you think its a smart idea to resurrect to Psycho world or just leave it be?

Source: STYD.com
zombie10 Friday 1/13/2012 at 08:50 PM | 89419
Psycho 4 explained the back story pretty good. In my opinion Psycho died with Anthony Perkins. If they do it I hope they don't mess it up. Psycho is pretty much my favorite horror film.
DoubleshotJ Friday 1/13/2012 at 11:36 PM | 89429
I agree 100% with you, DoubleshotJ, Anthony Perkins was the one and only Norman Bates, and if they try to make a new series, it better be something good. Yes Psycho IV was a very good explanation for the backgroundstory of our favorite Motel-runner, so I don't see how they can make a whole series about that history...seems a bit pointless. The pilot movie Bates Motel, I haven't seen that one, but honestly, I don't really

think it's a necessary film. I am curious though, who will be portaying Norman...I hope it's someone we haven't seen in other series before.
UberJason78 Saturday 1/14/2012 at 10:58 AM | 89458
I also agree with you guys! Although Vince Vaughn did a decent job in the the remake (1998) I was quite impressed with his performance, however, as pointed out, Perkins really had it bang on, big shoes to fill! I had a Tech teacher in high school that looked IDENTICAL to 'Norman Bates'....was creepy to say the least! lol
Nokturnas Saturday 1/14/2012 at 11:18 PM | 89472
I think it sounds cool! I will watch! The only issue is that some TV shows are watered down. I hope this one is not!!
1428Elm Sunday 1/15/2012 at 12:20 AM | 89475
I also agree with you guys! Although Vince Vaughn did a decent job in the the remake (1998) I was quite impressed with his performance, however, as pointed out, Perkins really had it bang on, big shoes to fill! I had a Tech teacher in high school that looked IDENTICAL to 'Norman Bates'....was creepy to say the least! lolthou shalt not bring up that god awful piece of shit remake on this board ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Sunday 1/15/2012 at 10:53 AM | 89488
I also agree with you guys! Although Vince Vaughn did a decent job in the the remake (1998) I was quite impressed with his performance, however, as pointed out, Perkins really had it bang on, big shoes to fill! I had a Tech teacher in high school that looked IDENTICAL to 'Norman Bates'....was creepy to say the least! lolthou shalt not bring up that god awful piece of shit remake on this board ever again

LOL! If you check out my recent review of the original Psycho, I felt the need to implement the remake with a brief blurb towards the end, but only to disgrace Vince Vaughn's sub-par reenactment of a horror icon.
buried13 Monday 1/16/2012 at 04:43 AM | 89536
I also agree with you guys! Although Vince Vaughn did a decent job in the the remake (1998) I was quite impressed with his performance, however, as pointed out, Perkins really had it bang on, big shoes to fill! I had a Tech teacher in high school that looked IDENTICAL to 'Norman Bates'....was creepy to say the least! lolthou shalt not bring up that god awful piece of shit remake on this board ever again

...........never seen the remake, but Vince Vaughn as 'Norman Bates'. Really? I mean........ seriously? What were they thinking?!
TheyCallMeGhostface Tuesday 1/17/2012 at 10:47 PM | 89643
Excited if they can pull this one off!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 7/03/2012 at 12:21 AM | 94250
i rather die in an acid bath first than go see this nevermind own it

anthony perkins was is norman bates all the good and bad that came with it and norman bates is alive forever etched in our minds(horror fans that is) because of anthony perkins

as for the story everyone touched on it psycho 4 did more than enough.....
madnmacabremofo Monday 8/27/2012 at 09:11 AM | 95853