Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Good Bad Flicks Presents: 'Friday the 13th: Part VII - The New Blood' (Video Review)

I meant to post this yesterday nce it was Friday the 13th but I was being pulled in 50 different directions. So here it is on Saturday the 14th. This was a show I did a while back about the history of Friday the 13th Part 7.

This episode is one of my older reviews so I apologize for the slow pace.

Friday the 13th Part 7 The New Blood 1988

"On Friday the 13th, Jason is back. But this time, someones waiting "

Hands down one of the definitive slashers of the 80s, Friday the 13th part VII never gets old. If more slashers would have taken risks like this one did the genre wouldn't have gone stale in the 90s.

On a de note, I met both Kane Hodder and Lar-Park Lincoln at the Friday the 13th reunion. They were both super nice and they each gned their des of the poster.

http://youtu.be/kQskEauHfVE
Cecil Saturday 1/14/2012 at 06:34 PM | 89467
Nice review and providing tidbits about one of the better sequels throughout the franchise, as this entry and Part 2 would be among my favorites. I also liked the part about associating a scene with "putting makeup on ET" :-)~
buried13 Sunday 1/15/2012 at 02:24 AM | 89481
I heard that there were numerous cuts to this film and I really wish they would release a "Director's Cut" of this film.

Nice review and nice use of the footage that had been edited out of the original film.
JohnCarpenterfan Sunday 1/15/2012 at 11:45 PM | 89516
Nice review and providing tidbits about one of the better sequels throughout the franchise, as this entry and Part 2 would be among my favorites. I also liked the part about associating a scene with "putting makeup on ET" :-)~

Thanks! 2 is great as well.

Hehe, I felt bad because she is a nice lady but...she just couldn't pull off being hot.

I heard that there were numerous cuts to this film and I really wish they would release a "Director's Cut" of this film.

Nice review and nice use of the footage that had been edited out of the original film.

Unfortunately, according to the director the cut scenes were really "left on the cutting room floor". Which is why these low res VHS copies are the only ones that exist. I would love if they could do a real uncut veron of the film but I don't think it is posble at this point. Also, Paramount seems to have finally wiped their hands of the franchise, which is evident in how poorly they are being treated with their blu-ray transfers.
Cecil Monday 1/23/2012 at 03:25 AM | 89812
Nice reivew, I thought it was one of the better sequels as well. It was also one of the only sequels where someone actually put up a fight against Jason and f'd him up a bit lol.
Jonny Sicko Monday 1/23/2012 at 04:12 AM | 89816