Forums Horror Movie Talk
Wanna Read The Script For The First Draft Of Deadgirl 2? We Got It Here For Your Perusal!

In 2008 we saw the release of a film called Deadgirl which centered around two high school boys who discover an imprisoned woman in an abandoned mental asylum. Being teenagers, one disregards much of his humanity in favor of releang some darker intentions upon the girl while the other objects but does nothing to back up his protests. What ensued was a very dark film that is highly recommended.

According to Trent Haaga, who was the film writer, a sequel was talked about a while ago, and a script does exists, but the project is pretty much a no-go.

"I'm not going to get into all of the terrible particulars that killed the project," explains Haaga in his blog, but needless to say the outcome wasn't pretty and I don't think that a sequel will ever get made. It certainly won't get made with my participation. And it's probably the best that it remain this way."

Talk about shitty news!!

Apparently Hagga's idea for the sequel was to try and tell a story from the point of view of a female outcast and find out what would happen if she found the DEADGIRL this time ... instead of ung the DEADGIRL for the impetus of her sexual fantaes, Hagga wondered what would happen if she used the DEADGIRL for her revenge fantaes instead? Hagga also made it clear in his blog that he wanted to put the story back into the "really small rural town" where the first one was supposed to take place (the first movie was shot in Los Angeles "and while it looks a lot like 'anytown'", says Haaga, "it didn't capture that economic desperation that I was hoping for ... desperation that would have added to the boys bizarre and angry choices). What ended up be written could maybe be described as "Precious meets The Pit with a zombie attack dog."

If your interested in reading the script for Deadgirl 2, which is available in a PDF format, click HERE to get reading.

Source:TrentHagga.com
Anonymous Wednesday 1/18/2012 at 12:12 AM | 89650
The whole part with the mother, is fucking amazing.
HorrorDaily Wednesday 1/18/2012 at 12:55 AM | 89652
The first one is a movie that more horror fans should check out. It is what happens when you take something as overused as a zombie movie and give it a masve injection of creativity. While it was depraved and often disturbing, it is an excellent flick.

I haven't read the script for the posble sequel yet but if it is half as good as that little blurb, it would be outstanding. Sadly, it seems it won't get made.
Cecil Thursday 1/26/2012 at 12:18 AM | 89901