Forums Off Topic
"THE DARK KNIGHT" rereleased in January for Oscar Run

Taken from Film Junk

The Dark Knight just won’t go away! According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Brothers plans to re-release the movie into regular theatres and in IMAX this January as part of their campaign to win the movie a few Academy Awards. This is a common approach that many studios take with movies that are expected to get nominated; it helps keep the film fresh in the mind of voters, and it also helps them sell more tickets based on the Oscar buzz.

So do you guys think this is overkill?

This movie has been on just about every film goers mind for the past several months (yes every couple of days I find myself think about the dark knight . .. it's just that kind of a movie I guess).

With this kind of release they are obviously trying to push the entire "DARK KNIGHT" experience for an Oscar and not just Heath's mind blowing performance (that WILL get at least a nod I hope).

Still, "THE DARK KNIGHT" is going to be released on DVD and Blu-ray in time for it to get stuffed into our Christmas stockings.

This sounds like another movie that went big several years back?

It was of Titanic proportions to say the least.
DaShape Friday 9/12/2008 at 02:55 AM | 18811
The only aspect of that movie that should strongly be condered for an Oscar, is HL's performance. Although a good summer/action movie, nothing else about it is Oscar worthy, IMO.
SithLord Friday 9/12/2008 at 07:35 AM | 18815
Heath deserves a nod! Glad this is coming back out actually.

thedarkside Tuesday 9/16/2008 at 09:51 PM | 18998
Heard about this a couple weeks ago actually and wasn't surprised in the least.

For all the hype this movie stirred up...and it's not like the film let anyone down(not that I know of). I'll definitely be catching another IMAX showing. Though in some ways, it is an overkill. The odds of this film not getting an Oscar are slim to none. With HL's performance, the movie is a sure thing.
Petronix Tuesday 9/16/2008 at 10:40 PM | 19001
the movie gets two giant thumbs up from me and I think a re release is just fine. It is not like Hollywood is really giving us much else to chew on. I think this has potential to take Titanic and nk it. Who knows for sure but it is such a good flick.
customcritters Thursday 9/18/2008 at 04:48 AM | 19062