Forums Horror Movie Talk
Underworld: Awakening Puts It's Competition To Rest At The Box Office

The numbers are all tallied up and Underworld proved this past weekend that it's still a franchise that has a lot of bite left in it.According to Deadline, Underworld Awakening

opened in 3,078 theaters and took in a little over $25M at the box office which is quite an accomplishment condering this is the fourth installment of the franchise.

The previous installment of Underworld didn't fare as well mainly because it lacked star Kate Beckinsale

who made her return in Awakening which was presented in 3D and IMAX for the first time. With this past weekends box office numbers, Awakening is now the #2 opener in the series who's success can be credited to the 38-year-old Beckinsale who still looks amazing in skin-tight leather and spandex.

The horror/action flick garnered an

‘A-’ CinemaScore from audiences and won the weekend ealy.

Source: Deadline
Anonymous Monday 1/23/2012 at 03:28 AM | 89813
Watched this over the weekend in that gimmick they call 3D (won't be seeing another shot in 3D anytime soon). I for one was not a fan at all of this film. Just an very unnecessary and cheap film shot in 3D to make a quick buck. I was a fan of the first 3 but this one is very lack luster. I honestly feel the direction of this series just took a good leap backwards.

Although certain aspects of the movie was still entertaining at times, the story just totally turned me off from the whole flick. *gh* oh what could of been...

I would give it a 5/10 mply because it has Lycans & Vampires and Underworld is my only hope for the genre nce Twilight has ruined Vampires for me. I can handle the wolves, but the sparkly crystal vampires not so much.
haloboyvash Monday 1/23/2012 at 10:53 AM | 89820
I too was very disappointed in this film.

I felt like I was watching a Redent Evil movie (don't get me started on the last RE!) and not a Underworld film.

So many posblities and they went for a loud, short (1 hr. 30 min.?) all bang no buck veron.

We thankfully went to the 2D but you could clearly see where things were meant to be 3D fodder.

I really like the series as a whole and thought they jump the shark here. :(
maverick96 Monday 1/23/2012 at 05:59 PM | 89823