Forums Horror Movie Talk
Farmiga & Wilson Added To The Cast Of James Wan's Upcoming Ghost Story 'The Conjuring'

James Wan, who scared the bejeebies out of us in 2011 with his supernatural flick Indious, has announced to big names to the cast of his latest project The Conjuring.

According to Variety, director James Wan and New Line have selected Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson to star in Wan's latest ghost story.

The two actors are in final negotiations to star, and Wan is on board to direct. Chad and Carey Hayes sold the original pitch.

The project is inspired by the true-life story of the Perron family, who claimed they "lived among the dead" in the 1970s as spirits both friendly and nister inhabited their Rhode Island farmhouse.

Peter Safran and Tony DeRosa-Grund will produce the film through the Safran Co. and DeRosa-Grund's Evergreen Media Group.

Wilson's casting marks a reteaming with Wan, who directed him in the low-budget horror thriller "Indious," which also revolved a family living in a haunted house. Meanwhile Farmiga is also no stranger to the horror genre, having starred in the Warner Bros. "Orphan." She can be seen next in Universal's "Safe House," which bows next month.

Source: Variety
Anonymous Monday 1/23/2012 at 03:53 AM | 89815
I just think Wan sucks in general. I haven't enjoyed any of his movies and i think Indious was horribly overrated.If Dead lence, Saw, and Indious are your noteworthy movies, thats a problem.

At the same time, Vera is smokin' hot and i enjoy almost anything shes in.
AgnesItsMeBilly Monday 1/23/2012 at 09:00 PM | 89835