Forums Horror Movie Talk
Brace Yourself...The 'Maniac' Remake Will Be Shot Entirely From The POV Of Elijah Wood

Early on it was speculated that Alexandre Aja's remake of the cult clasc Maniac was going to be shot from the Point-of-View of Elijah Wood who is portraying the character Frank Zito which was previously played by the late, great Joe Spinell.

Well its now been confirmed by Elijah Wood, who dropped the news this past weekend to MTV at the Sundance Film Festival which is currently being held in Park City, Utah., that the film will indeed be shot "entirely in POV." According to Wood, "You only ever see me in reflections and occaonally there are out-of-body experiences where you see more of me."

Wood also added that while he's not a fan of remakes in general, it was the "very different approach" that Aja has taken to this veron of the 80's slasher that made him bite.

"I normally don't love the notion of remakes," he said. "I've said that I'm averse to it, especially in horror films. But the approach was so different and so unique that I was really intrigued. It was fun."

So now that the news has been confirmed, what do you think? Does this flick have the words "epic fail" written all over it...or genius?

Voice your opinion in the comments section below.

Source: MTV
Anonymous Monday 1/23/2012 at 07:58 PM | 89832
It's nice they're thinking outde the typical remake box
Blood-taker Monday 1/23/2012 at 08:03 PM | 89833
It depends on how far they take the violence and will they keep it true to the original .
Nightmareblade17 Monday 1/23/2012 at 10:06 PM | 89837
I think that's a great idea, it's more of a rein-vioning than a standard remake and they are ung the RED camera so the film should look pretty damn awesome!
Sephit Tuesday 1/24/2012 at 07:23 AM | 89852