Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Devils Rejects and House

Not sure who to blame but I just watched the Devils Rejects and House of a Thousand Corpses for a first time a few days ago. I am upset I hadn't got around to watching these sooner. The Devils Rejects was a good film, house I just thought tanked after half way. Why the hell did it go all fantasy land mid way?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 9/14/2008 at 04:42 AM | 18898
Well my story on these are mple. I watched House and thought it was Extreamly GAY!!! It completely turned me off from even wanting to see Devils Rejects and so I have not watched it and don't plan too...

The only reason I even own (HalloweeN - Remake) is because it is Michael Myers... That was so far the only 3/4 decent movie he made and by all rights John Carpenter rote the second half of the remake... Well... Most of it anyway...

I think going back to Michael's Childhood was a bad plan to go with in the first place anyway... It was much creepyer just wondering rather than seeing why... Takes the Mystery away from it and dulls it down... Idunno I am getting off subject,

but the fact of the matter is that, I don't care for Rob's House and it ruined ever wanting to see Devils rejects...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Sunday 9/14/2008 at 06:50 AM | 18901
I liked both of them personally. I thought it was super horror!...lol. I have been a zombie fan nce the white zombie days so listening to his muc you come to know his style and what he would bring to the film world. Knowing this when I view the movies I see his style all over the place and enjoy it. There were great characters in both of those films.

Glad you got around to seeing these films J.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 9/14/2008 at 02:25 PM | 18906
they both were decent films. I too like the devils rejects better. It just had that raw gritty old school horror feeling.
customcritters Sunday 9/14/2008 at 04:03 PM | 18909
I just watched House of 1,000 corpses last night for the first time nce it came out on dvd. Its a fun movie to watch I think. I'm with Booman on wtf happened at the end. But other then that I think both are good movies. Very entertaining characters.

Ryan, thanks for reviting the whole RZ Halloween bitch again because of this. Who gives a crap really anymore? Actually who ever did care? Its a movie that was made to make money and thats what it did. If someone pays me to direct Michael Myers vs Santa I'm doing it!

CartyParty Sunday 9/14/2008 at 04:37 PM | 18912
I just watched House of 1,000 corpses last night for the first time nce it came out on dvd. Its a fun movie to watch I think. I'm with Booman on wtf happened at the end. But other then that I think both are good movies. Very entertaining characters.

Ryan, thanks for reviting the whole RZ Halloween bitch again because of this. Who gives a crap really anymore? Actually who ever did care? Its a movie that was made to make money and thats what it did. If someone pays me to direct Michael Myers vs Santa I'm doing it!laughing my ass off at that rant!I am with you prop shop, Myers is going to churn out money no matter who makes it.
ducksauce Sunday 9/14/2008 at 06:59 PM | 18923
Overall, I think they're both good movies, with The Devil's Rejects being my favorite of the two.

I loved The Devil's Rejects.

I completely agree on House of 1000 Corpses falling apart toward the end.

The whole Dr. Satan part could have been better.

House seems a lot like a muc video to me, which isn't an entirely bad thing condering I'm a fan of Rob Zombie's muc.
Snoballz Sunday 9/14/2008 at 08:45 PM | 18925
If someone pays me to direct Michael Myers vs Santa I'm doing it!LMAO....

I saw Devils Rejects...thought it was good. Actually never saw House of 1000 corpses yet...lol
kweandee Monday 9/15/2008 at 01:19 AM | 18936

Ryan, thanks for reviting the whole RZ Halloween bitch again because of this. Who gives a crap really anymore? Actually who ever did care? Its a movie that was made to make money and thats what it did. If someone pays me to direct Michael Myers vs Santa I'm doing it!

Well Casey... You are right! It did make the money, but for god sakes lets hope a producer doesnt ask you to make Michael V.S Santa...--Ryan

Harry Warden Monday 9/15/2008 at 01:25 AM | 18938
i have always been a fan of both films, went to both opening nights. its good to hear other opinions.pluus sheri moon is banging!!!!!!!!!!!
nerkster66 Monday 9/15/2008 at 01:58 AM | 18939
i have always been a fan of both films, went to both opening nights. its good to hear other opinions.pluus sheri moon is banging

I will agree with you on that, Mrs. Moon is very attractive. The baby voice got a little annoying in House but hey that is why there is a mute button!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 9/16/2008 at 07:26 PM | 18981
i can dig it... i have been lookin for a good dr.satan mask but i only found the one mass produced one.lookin for something a little more well crafted. any suggestions?
nerkster66 Wednesday 9/17/2008 at 06:50 PM | 19032
i can dig it... i have been lookin for a good dr.satan mask but i only found the one mass produced one.lookin for something a little more well crafted. any suggestions?

I don't know where you can find one but I would be interested to see if anyone had a good one as well. I also wish there was a good Captain Spaulding mask.
BIGKen Wednesday 9/17/2008 at 07:30 PM | 19036
i have only been able to find two spaulding masks. the first is the "house" veron: "devils rejects" veron: i personally like the house veron with the hat. the part i dont like about the devils veron is the beard....looks a little sketch. bonus:
nerkster66 Friday 9/26/2008 at 03:53 PM | 19545
ok she is hot!And where can you buy these at if I may ask? I like them both enough to purchase.

pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 9/26/2008 at 10:16 PM | 19576
alllllllright...i may be the only one who thinks this...but i am a bigger fan of house of 1000 corpses moreso than i am of devils rejects....when i first saw house i fell in love with the characters...i immediately ded with the bad guys and disliked the good guys....everyone complains about the fact that house of 1000 corpses is too reminiscient of clascs...especially texas chainsaw massacre....blehhh fuck that...i appreciate it because he takes those clasc aspects and adds it into his own creative whatever you wanna call it...devils rejects appealed more to the modern mainstream horror scene, which yes i appreciate very much...that movie was very unique, especially because it focused more on the murderers de of things instead of the victims...anyway...i enjoyed house more although devils rejects is also a must watch and just as great
mhzombie Saturday 9/27/2008 at 03:03 AM | 19606
alllllllright...i may be the only one who thinks this...but i am a bigger fan of house of 1000 corpses moreso than i am of devils rejects....when i first saw house i fell in love with the characters...i immediately ded with the bad guys and disliked the good guys....everyone complains about the fact that house of 1000 corpses is too reminiscient of clascs...especially texas chainsaw massacre....blehhh fuck that...i appreciate it because he takes those clasc aspects and adds it into his own creative whatever you wanna call it...devils rejects appealed more to the modern mainstream horror scene, which yes i appreciate very much...that movie was very unique, especially because it focused more on the murderers de of things instead of the victims...anyway...i enjoyed house more although devils rejects is also a must watch and just as great

you make great points but did you like the whole fantasy underworld stuff? I just thought the movie drug so long during that tunnel chase scene and then we find out there is a weird class of people living below the earth doing surgeries? It just seemed that Devil's Reject was based on reality rather than fantasy and I guess that is why I like the later better. It just looses me mid way through during house.

welcome to the forum by the way!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 9/27/2008 at 03:15 AM | 19608
i was able to find them at the halloween shops in my neck of the woods, if you have any in your area i would check there.
nerkster66 Monday 9/29/2008 at 12:03 AM | 19781
Wow, i

am shocked no one said, " YOU JUST NOW SAW THEM!!!" mind you, in the world of cinematic horror, neither movie stands independently from the treasures... HOWEVER, i can say your initial impresons are the exact same internal dialouge i had when i viewed them both for the first time. House of 1000 corpses was a "good" movie but the supernatural elements were completely unfounded and didnt follow any logic. It seemed like an attempt to recreate horror movies of yester-year that just plain failed. Devils Rejects on the other hand was a fantastic movie ( in comparison ) to not only House but other movies out around the same time. A far reach from a typical horror flick, but a great edge on a thriller/action with a horror twist. Agree/disagree... i still give Rob credit on his first 2 releases... Halloween (of course) was his crowning achievement in my opinnion.

Cannibal-69
Cannibal-69 Monday 9/29/2008 at 02:09 AM | 19789

Sorry i didnt reply to this first... the bump in the night mask kinda sucked. BUT, one of my regret stories in life is that i owned one of their original prototypes for this mask that was never produced... it was sooooo much better than the original. Unfortunatly, like all good things, it came to an end. I had a yard sale and told my wife to grab a few masks out of the garage to throw out there ( halloween was coming up in a few months ) Nothing great just a few wearable mask... She did, BUT also grabbed the box marked Satan PROTO and threw it out there. When i came back from the gas station i asked her, " did you grab those masks" she of course said " yeah, they already sold!" i asked her how much she got, she said< " i sold them to a mother with 3 kids, they are going to use them for halloween, so i let them have all 4 of them for $10 bucks" I IMMEDIATELY said, "4!!! there was only 3 in the box" after i ran into the house bouncing off every wall between me and the garage door noticed the empty box... with satan proto on it :(
Cannibal-69 Monday 9/29/2008 at 02:16 AM | 19791
^^^^^^^^damn that is horrible. got any pics?
nerkster66 Wednesday 10/01/2008 at 03:29 AM | 19910
^^^^^^^^damn that is horrible. got any pics?

YEAH I KNOW!!! lol... its good i can laugh about it now ha ha... I several pictures of my collection and i think it might be in one of those photos... BUT there are paper photos, i will try to see if i can find them and scan them on here... if not, i am getting a new battery for my digital and i will take pictures of the current collection.....of course Dr. Satan will not be included : (
Cannibal-69 Friday 10/03/2008 at 01:28 AM | 20017
on a de note im watching this: and it the shit!!11111!
nerkster66 Friday 10/03/2008 at 04:15 AM | 20023
DONT FORGET YOUR FRIED CHICKEN!
nerkster66 Friday 10/03/2008 at 04:27 AM | 20031
Yeah Sheri Moon showing us some good ole fashion nudity....i loved it!!
jackinthebox600 Friday 10/03/2008 at 12:51 PM | 20038
Yeah Sheri Moon showing us some good ole fashion nudity....i loved it

Stop watching movies and make me some more masks!!! Just kidding of course... Do you even have 88 for sale yet... i of course bought the proto but i didnt see any links to buy it on the te.

BTW: Anyone who hasnt bought a mask from Andrew NEEDS TO!!! his work is top notch, i bought his Commander, Stupid mask, and the 88 proto... they are ALL INSANE!!
Cannibal-69 Friday 10/03/2008 at 11:47 PM | 20079
DONT FORGET YOUR FRIED CHICKEN!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA! I LOVE IT! Captain Spaulding for Predent!!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 10/04/2008 at 01:31 AM | 20089