Forums Horror Movie Talk
UPDATE: Russell Crowe Talk; Gran Torino Writer Hired To Scribe MGM's RoboCop Remake

UPDATE: Per MTV.com, "In the wake of Deadline's report, Variety's Jeff Sneider revealed over Twitter that Crowe "MIGHT" star in Jose Padilha's reboot of "RoboCop." Up until this point, the only major name even associated with the role of the cyborg in "RoboCop" had been Michael Fassbender, but his involvement only amounted to a pasng mention from Padilha."

It's been quite some time nce any news regarding the RoboCop remake has hit the scene, in fact we were seriously starting to question if the film was actually gonna materialize. Well Bidites, that thought can be put to rest for now

because a juicy nugget of info has been revealed today concerning the film's writer.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, MGM has hired Gran Torino screenwriter Nick Schenk to work on the screenplay for the RoboCop remake in which filmmaker Jose Padilha is attached to direct.

MGM has been hard at work developing a new take on the RoboCop franchise, which launched with the 1987 film directed by Paul Verhoeven, for years. The studio hopes to start filming this summer, but currently no one has yet to be cast in the title role. So our question for the Bidite Nation is - who would you like to see land the role of RoboCop?

Source:The Hollywood Reporter
Anonymous Wednesday 2/01/2012 at 11:18 PM | 90089
I would love to see christian bale but he gets too many huge title roles from batman to john connor....Im sure who ever they get it will be cool to see....

If they bring

back the main vilian clarence boddicker id like to see peter weller get that role....When I saw Peter weller on dexter I was like dam hes still a cool acter and a great bad guy at that....Just my opinion
chardy Thursday 2/02/2012 at 03:20 AM | 90092
After a few days of thinking of the perfect guy to play Robocop.....Michael C Hall would be my top choice....With his cool voice he would be awsome to play him.....
chardy Monday 2/06/2012 at 01:11 AM | 90205