Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Evil Dead Remake Finds It's Female Version Of Ash

Late last night it was announced that the Evil Dead remake had founds it's male lead in Shiloh Fernandez , now we just learned that the Sam Raimi remake has now found it's leading lady.

According to Deadline, Jane Levy is in talks to play the lead in the remake of Evil Dead that Fede Alvarez will direct shortly. Alvarez will replace Lily Collins, who exited the film recently. Levy is the star of the ABC series Suburgatory, and stars in Fun ze, the Josh Schwartz-directed film for Paramount.

In FilmDistrict’s remake of Sam Raimi’s The Evil Dead, Levy’s plays Mia, a character that corresponds to Ash, who was played by Bruce Campbell in the original 1981 movie. Mia is one of five young people who head to the remote cabin where evil awaits. Recovering from a recent overdose, Mia is particularly vulnerable. Raimi, Campbell and Rob Tapert are producing with Ghost House Pictures. Fede Alvarez is directing and co-wrote the script with Rodo Sayagues. Diablo Cody (Juno, Young Adult) revised the latest draft.

The movie is targeted to open in theaters on April 12, 2013.

Source: Deadline
Anonymous Friday 2/03/2012 at 10:36 PM | 90145
nce campbells characters name ash was short for ashley..i think it would had been cool nce Jane Levys character corresponds to Ash then her name should be ashley....Sounds logical to me...oh well
chardy Friday 2/03/2012 at 10:53 PM | 90146
Still not digging the no-ash thing..... whatever though
TheyCallMeGhostface Friday 2/03/2012 at 11:03 PM | 90148
Still not digging the no-ash thing..... whatever though

Agreed.
aceofspades70 Saturday 2/04/2012 at 12:08 AM | 90151
I don't think they could ever replace the Ash character and even trying would have been to hard. There is and never will be another Bruce Campbell. nce they mply have to remake everything these days I am fine with Ash not being in the film but this better be a brutally intense Evil Dead film. I want no holds barred gore and scares with clasc Necronomicon story but they can stray from that. I want to see the same "Deadite" evil camera view through the woods and cabin but they are obviously changing the story and I can live with it as long as we get a deadly serious and screwed up movie, meaning they just take everything they have and throw it at the audience. If they do that I'll be happy and again, whatever they do, this will be good for The Evil Dead in general because every remake makes fans appreciate the original that much more and turns on an entire new audience to the films themselves.

Will we hear Groovy? Doubtful, but then again we've head it before. Let's hope we hear, damn that movie blew away my expectations and the Evil Dead is back!!!!

Time will tell!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 2/04/2012 at 12:51 AM | 90152
From what I have seen from the young Jane Levy she is a very good solid actress, essepecially in the comedy area. Can't wait to see how all this remake talk turns out in the final finished product!
AJxSCREAMx87 Saturday 2/04/2012 at 01:08 AM | 90155
She is awesome on Subergatory and will be great here too ,I'm sure.My enthuasm for this movie just went way the fuck up!
matthew28 Monday 2/06/2012 at 01:14 PM | 90213
If there was a new Ash we would hate them for it.
AgnesItsMeBilly Monday 2/06/2012 at 11:24 PM | 90226