Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974 Review

It has been called

"One Of The Most Terrifying films ever made" And it has become one of the most iconic slasher films to date. "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" Will live in the hearts of horror fans worldwide for ever. I was seven years old on that fateful summer night, over 20 years ago, this was the late 80's and my uncle and I were very close, he is and was like my older brother. So one day my uncle had been out for a while it was a Saterday nite and I had just came in the living room to find my uncle tting on the couch. On top of the TV, next to our brand new VCR sat a clear plastic case, inde that case was a movie, but little did i know at that age it would change my life. My uncle got up and put the movie in, and next thing I know I am hearing that this is a true story, so with that in my mind the movie started.

The movie starts off with a crawl saying that the story is true, and right after this it cuts to one of the most grusome openings I had ever seen, a flash of a camera shows a decompong body, and you later see this body on a gravestone, rotting in the hot Texas sun with a back ground newscast of graverobbings.

The film fallows five teenagers who run out of gas on one of the back roads of Texas, fore of them soon fall victim to a Chainsaw-wielding killer named "Leatherface" (Played By Gunnar Hensen) Leatherface got his name because he skins the faces off his victims and wears them as masks. Needless to say this film scared the crap out of me as a child, my uncle knew it would so that is why he rented it, but it also peeked an intrest in me as well.

Now over 20 years later, I have watched the film over 100 times, and it never gets old. And as I t here writing this I can say that no horror film can compare. So I guess I owe my uncle a thank you for lighting a fire inde me that has not nor ever will go out. And my advice to you is that if you are ck of todays horror films take a trip back down memory lane with this Tobe Hopper clasc.......I know I love to..
Chainsaw27 Saturday 2/04/2012 at 01:45 PM | 90171
My mom pretty much did the same thing to me. :)
Jack123 Sunday 2/05/2012 at 02:45 AM | 90185
Tell me about it.....Not only are they great films, but they also bring back such good memories.
Chainsaw27 Monday 2/06/2012 at 06:36 AM | 90206