Forums Horror Movie Reviews
The Cine-Masochist Reviews: STREET TRASH (Video Review)

Before J.Michael Muro worked on the camera crew for James Cameron's Titanic, he directed and shot this beautiful piece of 80's horror sleaze! STREET TRASH.

So what and who is the Cine-Masochist? Well me obviously, but it's a show that's main focus is celebrating bad movies instead of bashing them. If you love 80's action/slashers and exploitation films then this should be right up your alley!

The link to my youtube channel in my gnature features a playlist of all my other episodes (18 thus far, some are...questionable in quality, but I enjoy showing my progress)

And for those that are curious (and if it isn't obvious) Zinema stands for z-grade cinema, it's a word i've used to describe these kinds of films for years, so I throw it into my videos to establish a little more originality. Help Zinematica productions grow with your love for bad movies.

http://youtu.be/K6G-H0-CJxk
The Cine-Masochist Monday 2/06/2012 at 07:01 AM | 90207
Great Review!! I never heard of this film before, but I am intrigued to say the least! I look forward to watching more of your video reviews!!
Anonymous Tuesday 2/07/2012 at 03:01 AM | 90235
I just watched this movie tonight and your review of it was awesome! The Emil comment had me laughing my ass off because yes that one stuck with me for a while after seeing it too... which is ironic nce they both came out in 1987... you think maybe Verhoeven saw that and... naw... couldn't be... could it?
Shadow Jerusalem Tuesday 2/07/2012 at 07:38 AM | 90240
Great Review!! I never heard of this film before, but I am intrigued to say the least! I look forward to watching more of your video reviews

Thanks! It's one of my all time favorite shlock flics, so most certainly get your hands on it and give it a watch!

I just watched this movie tonight and your review of it was awesome! The Emil comment had me laughing my ass off because yes that one stuck with me for a while after seeing it too... which is ironic nce they both came out in 1987... you think maybe Verhoeven saw that and... naw... couldn't be... could it?

Ho..Ly...Shieeet, that thought never ONCE crossed my mind!

It's funny cause I even used a clip from Robocop to praise Bill. Oh man, it really could be either way, Muro even coulda been like "Guys...I just got back from Robocop, that ending scene with the melting dude...THAT'S OUR MOVIE!" It brings up a whole string of hilarious posbilities, like how Emil's death scene could double as the short film sequel to Street Trash, where Robocop is RoboBILL.
The Cine-Masochist Tuesday 2/07/2012 at 08:35 AM | 90241
So according to my research unless Paul Verhoeven caught Street Trash in France in January at a filmfest or something of 1987 and wrote in Emil's death on bar napkin and had it filmed between then and edited into it's July 17th release then it would have to be either pure coincidence or word got around about a movie where people melted
Shadow Jerusalem Friday 2/10/2012 at 04:37 AM | 90351