Forums Horror Collectibles
Attention Walking Dead Fans, Minimates Are On The Way From DST!

Guess which license just got added to the ever growing list of Minimates that already includes some of the biggest icons in today's market? Clueless...then read on for the answer.

Robert Kirkman, creator and writer of Image/Skybound's hit comic The Walking Dead and writer/executive producer on the international hit televion show from AMC, has joined forces with Maryland-based Diamond Select Toys to create a new line of Minimates based on The Walking Dead characters.

"We've all been following The Walking Dead nce the first issue, and we are amazed at Kirkman's continuing ability to draw new readers into his epic, post-apocalyptic tale," said Chuck Terceira, director of Diamond Select Toys. "With the book's profile deservedly raised by the show's success, we thought the time was right to add it to our iconic toy lines. We feel that fans of our Universal Monsters and Ghostbusters Minimates lines will flip for our Walking Dead assortment, which includes key characters like Rick, Glenn, and Andrea as well as plenty of 'lurkers' and 'roamers.'"

"Diamond Select Toys has made some great toys over the years, and I am thrilled that they'll be taking on The Walking Dead next," said the book's writer/creator, Robert Kirkman. "I think a Minimates line has endless posbilities, and I can't wait to see all of my characters in their tiny 2-inch forms."

Minimates are highly poseable 2-inch minifigures, with 14 points of articulation and a variety of interchangeable parts and accessories. The year 2012 marks the brand's 10th anniversary, and The Walking Dead joins a stable of licenses that includes Marvel Comics, Marvel Studios, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Knight Rider, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Halo, Sony Playstation and a variety of independent comic-book characters, including Dawn, Darkchylde, Lady Death and Tarot. Additionally, DST has two in-house Minimates brands, Calico Jack's Pirate Raiders and MAX: Mobile Action Xtreme. Minimates are available at Toys R Us stores, specialty toy stores, and comic book stores everywhere.

Source: TNI News
Anonymous Saturday 2/11/2012 at 02:48 AM | 90369