Forums Horror Movie Talk
Michael Keaton Talks Beetlejuice 2 With Writer Seth Grahame-Smith

Ever nce it was first hinted that a Beetlejuice sequel may be forthcoming, and that Michael Keaton would be back to reprise the role of the titular character, you can just sense the excitement starting to grow. And now it's about to grow to even more.

Shock Till You Drop caught up with

Seth Grahame-Smith Friday night about his upcoming film, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (which he penned). While there, they got the latest scoop on Beetlejuice 2, the follow-up film that the writer is involved with will be shepherded by Tim Burton and distributed by Warner Bros.

http://i43.tinypic.com/fm6lif.

When asked about the latest news on the upcoming project, and to see how close the sequel was to becoming a reality

Grahame-Smith revealed,

"It's a reality in the sense that I met with Michael Keaton last week."

"We talked for a couple of hours and talked about big picture stuff.

It's a priority for Warner Bros.

It's a priority for Tim." Grahame-Smith added,

"Right now, I am writing an animated movie for Tim based on an idea of mine.

Then I adapt Unholy Night .

The third I am hoping is Beetlejuice in terms of writing schedule."

And what was Keaton's excitement level like?

"Huge," the writer added, "he's been wanting to do it for 20 years and he'll talk to anybody about it who will listen.

I really told him, I have a huge reverence for Tim and a huge reverence for that film in general.

I don't think we should do it if we shit on the legacy.

He agrees.

So, right now, it remains to be seen, I have a couple of story ideas, but we're very early out."

Source: STYD
Anonymous Saturday 2/11/2012 at 11:01 PM | 90390
BEETLEJUICE!!!! I hope to god that this sequel happens. Wont be seeing it however, if Michael Keaton isnt coming back.
TheyCallMeGhostface Tuesday 2/14/2012 at 01:50 AM | 90431