Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Chuck Norris vs The Frankenstein Monster in SILENT RAGE

Chuck Norris stars as Dan Stevens, a Texas Sheriff, who is called in to bring down a killer at a boarding house.

The Killer is unfortunately killed in the process and taken to the local mad scientist, Ron lver.

Stephan Furst (Animal House) stars as Dan's partner who is being mentored by Chuck Norris and soon they are taking down a bar full of bikers.

Meanwhile Dr. Tom Halman (Ron lver) has used his research on the body of the killer and re-animated the body.

John Kirby (Brian Libby) awakens to find that his strength and senses have been enhanced.Soon, however, he turns on his creators as they try to kill him by injecting him with a syringe filled with acid!

Kirby soon dispatches all of the doctors who created him and through a series of events he ends up in a final showdown with Chuck Norris in the woods.

Kirby has become indestructible having survived being shot, knocked off of buildings, and run over.

But he has never faced a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris before. lent Rage is an action thriller that really kicks the horror into high gear when Kirby begins to stalk the doctors responble for bringing him back from the dead.

Even the last shot in the film is a shock.

Kirby, like the Frankenstein Monster, begins the film normal and through no fault of his own he becomes re-animated tissue. There are, of course, the obligatory Chuck Norris vs. Overwhelming Odds scenes.

Stephen Furst is a real surprise in this movie and is a real sympathetic character. The ending is left open for a sequel and if you really think about it the other Chuck Norris horror/action thriller Hero and the terror could actually be looked at as a continuation of this film.

Both are about unstoppable killing machines.

lent Rage fills the need for an action flick with suspense and is a very, very well done film. The only thing I could really point to as a flaw in this film is that after Kirby is initially shot and killed in the beginning the film has nothing for Chuck Norris to do before the killer is resurrected.

Chuck Norris does what he does best in this film and this time he may have just met the one thing he can't stop,

John Kirby! For my final verdict I give lent Rage ***3 out of 5 Stars***

http://youtu.be/kPhD1frCCQs
JohnCarpenterfan Sunday 2/12/2012 at 04:10 AM | 90394
Excellent. I Love this movie. I actually spoke to Brian Libby on the phone several years ago. He's a real cool guy. This film has plenty of action and suspense in it. A definite good watch and worthy of a DVD purchase.
aceofspades70 Tuesday 2/14/2012 at 12:17 AM | 90429
I wish I could find it on dvd.

I have it on an old vhs but I love this movie!
JohnCarpenterfan Thursday 2/16/2012 at 02:53 AM | 90498
I thought it was alright, but what I didn't like was that they didn't take advantage of having Chuck Norris in this movie. The tagline for the movie ("Science created him. Now Chuck Norris must destroy him") sounds like it's going to be a feature-length Chuck Norris joke, but instead, Norris assumes the "final girl" role and runs away from the killer during a majority of the film's climax. I think if this had been made later in the eighties, it would have been a whole lot better. I did like the bar fight, though.
ObscureCinema101 Tuesday 2/21/2012 at 10:14 PM | 90707
Good point on Chuck Norris being the "Last Girl".

The end fight probably would have also been more powerful if the killer and Norris had acknowledged that they knew eachother or had the killer stalking Chuck throughout the movie and playing mind games with him.

I still thought this was a pretty cool film though.

Makes one wonder what a Chuck Norris vs. Michael Myers movie would have been like.
JohnCarpenterfan Tuesday 2/21/2012 at 10:46 PM | 90711