Forums Horror Movie Talk
Dan Aykroyd Offers Up Some Ghostbusters 3 Updates And In The Process Puts A Rumor To Rest

As the Ghostbusters 3

rumor mill continues to generate some heat, it's still pretty much up in the air as to when we might see some our favorite Ghostbusters team back in action. Hell we're not even sure which members of the team will be back. So we here at the Bid are starting to wonder if a third chapter will ever come to fruition.

One member of the aforementioned team sat in for a web chat with Empire to talk briefly about the "upcoming" film which has every Ghostbusters fanboy patiently tting on the edge of their seats for. Here's what Dan Aykroyd had to say:

[Talking about the recluve Rick Moranis "If we can get the script to Ghostbusters 3 right, then it would definitely have Moranis as a major component. None of us would want to do the movie without having him as a participant."

Even more intriguingly, Aykroyd hinted that Bill Murray may not return as Peter Venkman, and that the character could be played by a different actor, a la Jack Ryan.

"The script must be perfect. We cannot release a film that is any less than that. We have more work to do."

Vague, granted, but there you go. As for the internet rumour that Murray recently shredded a Ghostbusters 3 script and sent it back with a note that said, "No-one wants to pay money to see fat, old men chang ghosts", Aykroyd denied it with vigour.

"Bill Murray is not capable of such behaviour. This is mply something that would not be in his nature. We have a deep, private personal relationship that transcends buness. We communicate frequently and his potion on the involvement in Ghostbusters 3 has been made clear and I respect that. But Bill has too much potive estimation of my writing skills to shred the work."

Source:Empire Online
Anonymous Monday 2/13/2012 at 11:10 PM | 90424
He says that the script has to be perfect, yet he's willing to have Venkman be played by someone other than Bill Murray...?!

Seriously Aykroyd, leave the legacy to rest. Ghostbusters 1 and 2 are more than enough. They are perfect on their own and I for one have no dere to see the Ghostbusters be played by the fat old men they all are now (especially if Murray isn't involved).
joshk1986 Tuesday 2/14/2012 at 11:20 AM | 90441
The way I see it is if they don't make Ghost busters 3 they will just do a remake. Either way characters will be replaced by other actors/actresses.
Poisonxindustry Tuesday 2/14/2012 at 12:25 PM | 90443
I would rather not see a remake than not see a sequel if that makes sense to anyone.
ShoddyStitches Wednesday 2/15/2012 at 04:12 PM | 90474