Forums Horror Movie Talk
Another Installment Of 'I Am Legend' Is Coming, But It's Not A Prequel!

It's been quite some time nce the words I-Am-Legend have been uttered, or written on the 'Bid. For years talks of a prequel have surfaced but never materialized. But now according to Deadline, another installment is on the way. Read on.

Warner Bros has closed deals with Akiva Goldsman and Overbrook Entertainment to produce another installment of the 2007 hit film starring Will Smith.

The intention is for Smith to reprise his role as scientist Robert Neville, who was the last man on Earth doing battle with a mutated mob in New York City after an apocalyptic man-made virus wiped out the population. A deal has already been sealed for Arash Amel to write the script.

Despite early rumors, the film is not being called a prequel. But clearly Warner Bros sees more room to roam on a film that grossed $584 million worldwide. The original film is based on the novel by Richard Matheson.

If your looking for a comment from Smith, forget about it! Smith aint saying jack until the script is ready, and it is also to be determined where I Am Legend director Francis Lawrence stands on the whole thing.

But the big questions seems to be -

If it isn’t a prequel, how to they get past Smith’s character’s demise at the first film’s end? Will the rely heavily on flashback scenes? Any ideas Bidites?

Source: Deadline
Anonymous Saturday 2/18/2012 at 01:10 AM | 90546
We're going to find out that Smith's character is really Hancock.
HorrorDaily Saturday 2/18/2012 at 01:15 AM | 90547
Hahahahah Zack!! You're probably right!!
Anonymous Saturday 2/18/2012 at 01:17 AM | 90548
¬_¬ a prequel would be more appreciated by BloodyAdored.... I would actually watch the 1st I Am Legend movie if they did that... I just have no interest in seeing I Am Legend.
BloodyAdored Sunday 2/19/2012 at 11:21 PM | 90638
Here's a swell idea...make an I am Legend movie that is actually true to the book. Use vampires instead of CGI mutant thingies and have Neville be just some dude, not the scientist who destroyed the world. I would love to see that movie.
Ed Reilly Monday 2/20/2012 at 02:04 PM | 90662