Forums Horror Movie Talk
Paranormal Investigators 'Specs' and 'Tucker' Will Make Their Return In Insidious 2

As previously announced, a sequel to the highly successful thriller and 2011 HorrorBid Movie of the Year, Indious, is forthcoming from writer/actor Leigh Whannell and director James Wan.

While it was revealed several weeks ago that some of the characters from the first film would be returning, it remained a giant question mark as to which of those characters we would actually see back. Until now, that is.

Dread Central recently spoke with Whannell,

who revealed that his character, Specs, and his onscreen partner in crime, Tucker (Angus Sampson), would be two of the aforementioned characters that would be returning for Indious 2.

"I can say that yes, my character will be seen in Indious 2," said Whannell. "It may probably bum a lot of people out, though, to hear this news. It's part of the reason I don't even read the internet message boards anymore; there was this hatred that spewed out from fans saying 'I hated those guys! They sucked! They ruined the movie!' so there will probably be a lot of people out there who will be disappointed to hear that the Specs and Tucker characters will be coming back. (laughs)"

Indious 2 is expected to go into production in 2012 for a 2013 release. Jason Blum will produce through his Blumhouse Productions shingle. Brian Kavanaugh Jones, Oren Peli and Steven Schneider will executive produce. Stay tuned for more.

Source: DC
Anonymous Saturday 2/18/2012 at 07:56 PM | 90562
I disagree with the hatred mentioned for these two, they were one of my favorite parts of the movie, their comic relief really helped out the third act. I'm going to be re-watching Indious tonight, as the girlfriend jumps to every scare in every movie ever made, and will be taking another look at them. But really, I thought they were great.
HorrorDaily Saturday 2/18/2012 at 08:20 PM | 90564
They did good. No reason to hate them.
darkerdays Sunday 2/19/2012 at 12:27 PM | 90613