Forums Horror Movie Talk
CONFIRMED: 'The Killing's' Joel Kinnaman Has Been Cast To Play The Role Of 'RoboCop'

Ever nce it was first announced that a RoboCop remake was in the works, fans of the Paul Verhoeven film have been less then eager to embrace the idea of anyone other then Peter Weller taking on the role of "Murphy." But despite all the pleas, Hollywood does what it does best - and that's ignore what the fans have to say!

After a lengthy search for the lead, Deadline has just confirmed that Joel Kinnaman has accepted the offer that was given to him last week from MGM to play the titular character in its Robocop remake. The film, as most of you know, will be directed by Jose Padilha - helmer of two action packed installments of Elite Squad. Strike Entertainment partners Eric Newman and Marc Abraham are producing, with Josh Zetumer penciling the script.

Kinnaman, who first burst on the scene in the AMC series The Killing, will now assume the role originated by Peter Weller. Currently the Swedish actor can be seen in Safe House, in which he turned in a memorable performance, starring oppote Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds.

Well Bidites, now it's time to hear your thoughts on this casting choice.

Source: Deadline
Anonymous Friday 2/24/2012 at 09:17 PM | 90792
Personally I couldn't t through the robocop films. I've only watched maybe half of one of them. I think the idea is awesome and with today's technology and graphics it could be an awesome movie. As far as the lead, I didn't see anything about the original actor that couldn't be replaced. But that's just me.
fight4fire Monday 3/05/2012 at 05:35 PM | 91128
I was really hoping for Fassbender, I saw an interview with hin on youtube where the interviewer asked him about the Ronocop rumors and Fassbender said while nothing was concreate he was very open to the idea of taking on the role, guess he's become to expenve for a risky reboot?
grant.neal Saturday 3/10/2012 at 12:21 PM | 91308