Forums Horror Movie Talk
Is Hellboy 3 Ever Gonna Happen? It's Starting To Look Like The Answer Is...Hell No!

If you're a fanboy of Hellboy, then you've probably been hoping, like we have been, that a third film would one day come into fruition, but as each day passes, the odds of seeing the film begin to look more and more bleaker. Even star, Ron Perlman, who was recently interviewed at a press conference for Festival International du Film Fantastique de Gérardmer 2012, seems to be long hope that Hellboy 3 will ever see the light of day.

When asked about the status of the film, Perlman flatly said, "If I had to bet, I would bet there will be no Hellboy 3, but I haven’t given up hope.

I feel it’s too good an idea, the third part of a trilogy to ever completely abandon.

It answered a lot of questions brought up in

one and two.

And, Guillermo’s idea of how to finish the trilogy is so amazingly theatrical.

It would be a great shame if we never did it."

If you want to see this film happen, Perlman encourages us all to write about the need for it and maybe one day it will happen. But my gut feeling is despite how many letters we write, this film will cease to exist. Even franchise director Guillermo del Toro seems to think that it is highly unlikely that we’ll ever see a third film. Bummer!

Source: Truly Disturbing
Anonymous Wednesday 2/29/2012 at 03:12 AM | 90915