Forums Horror Movie Talk
Another Familiar Face Returns As The Male Co-Lead In American Horror Story Season 2

Fans of last years surprise hit American Horror Story will be happy to know that another cast member from the much anticipated show from FX will be making a return this season in the Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk horror/drama.

Earlier in the week we dropped the deets regarding Jesca Lange's return, now Deadline is reporting that Zachary Quinto (pictured below), who appeared in a four-episode arc on the first season as the Harmon house's flamboyant former co-owner Chad Warwick, will be back as a series regular in Season 2, joining Lange. Like Lange, Quinto will play a brand new character this season, which is set at an East Coast institution.

And it is also believed that he will play another male lead which will be the nemes to Lange's character and the center of the Season 2 storyline.

While Lange had been expected to return — she confirmed ongoing negotiations at the Golden Globes and the SAG Awards, where she won for her performance on the show, Quinto’s return had been kept under wraps until now. Quinto and Murphy are friends; that’s how Quinto’s original stint on the show came about. After the critical praise Quinto received for his arc, he was open to coming back. “I had an amazing time and I only did four episodes of the season, so it was just a little bit of an appetizer for me; I would love to work more,” he said in an online interview last month. An anthology series like AHS is perfectly suited for Quinto, who wants to keep a hand in televion but, busy as an actor and producer on the feature de, can’t make the 5-6-year commitment required on a regular series.

In addition to Lange and Quinto, three other actors from Season 1 of AHS will return next season. Murphy is expected to announce their names at the show’s panel tonight, which will open this year’s PaleyFest.

Stay tuned for more casting updates.

Source: Deadline
Anonymous Friday 3/02/2012 at 11:02 PM | 91035
I really like the idea of a series with a static ensemble cast put into revolving roles each season.
dew Friday 3/02/2012 at 11:11 PM | 91038