Forums Off Topic
My Journey Through Natures Hell - Henryville, Indiana Tornado Damage Images

What some are calling the worst "natural disaster" to hit our region nce a 1974 "F5" tornado came through, today was a day that I will not soon forget. I live in Southern Indiana about 20 miles from Louisville, Kentucky. My mother and some of my family however live in Henryville, Indiana, a rural farm town about 10 minutes from my redents.

At about 3PM est today an "F4" or "F5" tornado ripped through much of the area leaving a destruction path and many lives losed in its wake. You may have seen pictures on your local news stations about this as well as these storms are being descried as some of the most powerful storms to ever take place.

On our trip to try to get to my mother, my ster and I took a journey down a few roads to just get close to see if we could help or find out some information. My mother and relatives are ok however many are not. I couldn't even get close to the heart of the damage but these are a few pictures I snapped along the way.

The only way to describe the mess is it appeared as if the entire town was literally bombed. FEMA, Homeland Security and the National Guard are all here now to try and help.

The biggest concern at this point is the entire junior high school and senior high school was completely leveled and we are uncertain of how many are misng or deceased.

This was my trip through hell.

Please keep everyone that has been affected in your thoughts in prayers.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 3/03/2012 at 12:27 AM | 91042
Awesome pics in way of seeing what something like that can do but at the same time the most horrible thing to see. I am so glad they are ok.
cropsy Saturday 3/03/2012 at 01:07 AM | 91046