Forums Horror Movie Talk
Silent Hill: Revelation Is Completed, But When Will We See It In Theaters?

That seems to be the big question for gamers and fanboys alike these days, which is why director Michael J. Bassett took to his own personal blog to enlighten the masses regarding the sequel...

When asked if there was any recent news to report, Basset responded, "No news. Will tell you all when there is." The director was then asked the question, So…no pictures, no images, no interviews, no teaser, no trailer, no release date? O.....K...." to which he responded, "Oh yes, I have lots of pictures, interviews, trailers, even a finished movie... But the people who have invested their money in making this film have chosen, rightly or wrongly, to hold back the release of anything until they have a release schedule for the film they’re happy with. It is their choice and even as it’s frustrating as hell for me, I respect that this is how they wish to play it."

Basset is expected to travel to Toronto for a few days this month to supervise the final delivery of lent Hill to the producers...Let's hope they can settle on a date sometime this year... (October would be nice!!)

Adelaide Clemens, Kit Harington, Sean Bean, Radha Mitchell, Deborah Kara Unger, Carrie-Anne Moss, and Malcolm McDowell star.

Plot Synops:

For years, Heather Mason and her father have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn’t fully understand. Now on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she's not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in lent Hill forever.

Source: Michael J. Basset's Blog
Anonymous Monday 3/05/2012 at 08:43 PM | 91133
I would love to see this film, while the not the biggest fan of the lent Hill film, I am a huge fan of lent Hill as a brand for comics, and games. I feel that the ideas that are behind the games are hard to translate to film, I'm hoping this one delivers for me.
HorrorDaily Monday 3/05/2012 at 08:47 PM | 91135
For anyone who loves the lent Hill world, and can't wait for this to be released, check out Jacob's Ladder. Its a 1990 psychological horror film staring Tim Robbins. I'm not sure how accurate this is but a lot of people say that the creators of lent Hill openly bit off from Jacob's Ladder. I totally see the correlation. I can't really point to specifics, but for those who are familiar with the SH universe, the same distinct creepy atmosphere is present in Jacobs Ladder. Its well worth a watch if you're looking for that sorta thing.I'm a huge fan of the games.. I recently bought the lent Hill HD collection for PS3 and have already beaten SH2. (starting second play-through now lol) For the record, I think lent Hill 2 is the scariest game ever made.

I'll definitely see SH Revelation in theaters and am cautiously optimistic it will rule!
AgnesItsMeBilly Friday 3/30/2012 at 08:20 PM | 91956