Forums Horror Movie Talk
Super Bad's Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg Are Writing A "Straight-Ahead" Horror Movie

Being a HUGE fan of both Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, I'm super excited to report that the geniuses behind one of my all time faves,Super Bad are once again collaborating, but not to bring us a new comedy, instead the dynamic duo is teaming up to write their first ever horror movie!!

According to The Playlist, "a dere to take on new territory... has led Goldberg to one of his next endeavors -- writing a full-on, straight-ahead horror movie. 'Seth

and I have been talking about doing a horror idea that we came up with, and I don't like horror movies. It's interesting to me that I don't like horror movies and I'm interested in doing it,' Goldberg revealed. 'I used to just think, "Anyone who likes horror movies is ck or

likely to kill me in my sleep than my friends who like comedy." But movies are therapy for a lot of people, and it's good for people to get things out. Maybe there would be more serial killers because they get it out with the horror movies, or maybe it makes people serial killers, I don't really know. But I'm interested in this whole area now, and I never really was before.'"

Although details are being kept lent at the moment, Goldberg does cite one recent franchise for spurring his curioty, and he hints that comedy could posbly find its way into the story. 'We do assume that by making it funnier, we can make it scarier, but people don't love Paranormal Activity because it's funny,' he said. 'If it was a bit funnier, and more realistic, maybe it would've been even better -- and I did think it was a fantastic movie, I actually really liked that movie. That was the one that kinda drew us into discusng this, because we just thought it was so innovative.'"

Source: The Playlist
Anonymous Wednesday 3/07/2012 at 11:51 PM | 91195
Yes, someone who doesn't like horror movies and thinks that people who watch them and like them are ck people ready to kill their neighbors in their sleep is making a horror movie.

Should be awesome.
TrickOrTreater Wednesday 3/07/2012 at 11:59 PM | 91196