Forums Horror Movie Talk
My Horror Movie Ideas: Episode 1 "Jaws" Remake

First off, I am new here. I came here because I like to share my horror movie ideas. Now, my first sharing is an idea for a remake of the clasc film, Jaws.

I readily admit, there is no way this remake is going to replicate the artistic success of the original. You know it, I know it, Dogs and Cats know it. So, this time around, this remake should be more of a straight-up monster-action flick. This time around there should be a lot more killing, a little more blood, more of the shark, and a PG-13 rating. Of course,it should be in 3D. It should feature a combination of animatronics(for the scenes when the shark is attacking a tour boat during the final rampage) and CGI(when the shark eats people, primarily in the final rampage). Christian Bale could be Martin Brody, he does look a LITTLE bit like Roy Scheider. Richard Dreyfuss could make a cameo in homage to the original.

So, what do you think?
gzilla46 Saturday 3/10/2012 at 03:05 PM | 91309
Now I am first to admit that I am typically against most remakes, though I do try to keep an open mind when someone proposes something new. I can admit to being wrong on occaon - I thought Fright Night, for example, was a decent update. But this one... damn. I guess I should say straight off, Jaws is for me one of the best films of ANY genre, hands down.

Interesting as it would be to see Christian Bale take on the Brody role, there is so much charm in Roy Scheider's portrayal that I think it would be extremely difficult for anyone to fill his shoes. A good deal of the dialogue is known to have been off the cuff ad-libs, including the infamous 'bigger boat' line, so it might feel really forced to run it through on a scripted bas. Plus, an overuse of CGI would leave it way too much a SyFy type flick. Much of the horror aspect came from not seeing the animatronic shark very much at all. Throwing in loads of CGI shark scenes could really ruin that effect.
dew Sunday 3/11/2012 at 12:36 AM | 91320
Great point Dew, if this movie was to ever me remade - and let's hope not, I'd be dead against ung a CGI shark! It would totally, totally ruin the film.
Anonymous Sunday 3/11/2012 at 02:14 AM | 91334