Forums Off Topic
Do you believe in the paranormal?

pretty much what the title says, "do you believe in ghosts and the paranormal?"

I am a member of the Tennesse Paranormal Soceity and have had a host of personal experiences that I can not explain. I personally do believe in the spirt world myself and I wondered what everyones thoughts on the subject matter were?
oldskool Saturday 9/20/2008 at 10:55 PM | 19199
I have seen some crazy stuff over the years. Some of it real and some of it fake. A few crazy things I have experienced I couldn't explain and still can't to this day! Sometimes I get get a crazy feeling like a disturbance in the force and you can never really explain that. I enjoy watching all of those shows on haunted places and spirits so I would say yes. I am not all crazy about it but at the end of the day I have had some run ins with things I will never be able to explain.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 9/21/2008 at 12:04 AM | 19204
I love this topic! Not sure how many of you guys watch Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi but my wife and I love the show. Joel and I both have did our own little paranormal investigation at Waverly Hills Sanitarium in Louisville Kentucky a few years back. Do I believe in the spirit world, yes. Have I had a personal experience that proved it to me, no. However I have had some persona experience that left me scratching my head.

I have never understood why spirits would hang around some of the spots you find them in. But there is that whole theory of redual haunts, where a person is reenacting there daily life. The intelligent haunts are the ones that really freak me out. The voices you can pick up on digital recorders and the interaction you can have with these "spirits". It is a very interesting topic that I love learning about.(P.S. Scott we needed to hear about some of these experiences you have had?)

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 9/21/2008 at 01:13 AM | 19206
UHHH I have a TAPS T-Shirt!!
HorrorSanctum Sunday 9/21/2008 at 02:01 AM | 19212
UHHH I have a TAPS T-Shirt!!

SWEET! We do too! We have watched that show nce the beginning. love the avatar by the way!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 9/21/2008 at 03:30 AM | 19215
If you had asked me several years ago I'd have said no way. I've always loved ghost stories but thought of them as pure fiction.Then I had one experience and I'm not so sure anymore.
lblambert Sunday 9/21/2008 at 03:43 AM | 19217
alright do I need to create a separate thread to hear these personal stories or what?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 9/21/2008 at 04:20 AM | 19220
I would like to believe that there is something after death, but I've never been the type of person to believe in something on faith alone.

I have had a few strange experiences in my life, but nothing that I could say with any certainty was paranormal.

Even though I'm an eternal skeptic, I still really enjoy shows like Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International, Destination Truth, Scariest Places On Earth, etc.

For me it all revolves around my love for all things horror related, and the closer it gets to Halloween, the more into it I get.
gummi Sunday 9/21/2008 at 05:14 AM | 19223
growing up in a house that was haunted i would have to say yes.it was nothing scary we just all accepted it. it wasnt even talked about much.but know that my grandparents our gone and the house was sold alot of us will t and talk about the crazy stuff that happened.
jasonisking Sunday 9/21/2008 at 04:38 PM | 19234
I have seen to many things that I can not explain for me to say no there isn't a spirit world. I have had some really weird things happen to me in the house I grew up in. Things that still freak me out to think about.

pamelavoorheesRIP Sunday 9/21/2008 at 06:32 PM | 19240
Somebody, anybody, tell these stories that freaked you out so bad!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 9/22/2008 at 05:27 AM | 19289
I most certainly do believe in ghosts. I think it is naive to think that spirits don't exist at all. I suppose that is just me though. There have been too many things that go bump in the night that have shown me I am right.
customcritters Monday 9/22/2008 at 04:48 PM | 19298
I saw something scary one time too.

DaShape Tuesday 9/23/2008 at 12:14 AM | 19316

me too..."The Out-of Shape"

lblambert Tuesday 9/23/2008 at 12:23 AM | 19318

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH
DaShape Tuesday 9/23/2008 at 12:23 AM | 19319
ok credit where credit is due. Lambert that was the funniest post ever here on the board!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 9/23/2008 at 03:28 AM | 19334

BWAAAAA HAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HorrorSanctum Tuesday 9/23/2008 at 02:37 PM | 19351
I have experienced cold spots and we even got a bunch of "ORB's" in our pictures when the girlfriend and I went to do some ghost hunting at the WHaley House.

Some spookey shit for sure!

href="http://www.whaleyhouse.org/">http://www.whaleyhouse.org/
Evildsm Tuesday 9/23/2008 at 06:27 PM | 19356
:ME LIKES: I have experienced cold spots and we even got a bunch of "ORB's" in our pictures when the girlfriend and I went to do some ghost hunting at the WHaley House.

thats a cool looking place Mike. Do you have any pics you could share with us?

customcritters Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 03:54 PM | 19425
:ME LIKES: I have experienced cold spots and we even got a bunch of "ORB's" in our pictures when the girlfriend and I went to do some ghost hunting at the WHaley House.

thats a cool looking place Mike. Do you have any pics you could share with us?I do... Just not on me at the moment.

Stay tuned!

I will have to get them off the computer at home.
Evildsm Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 04:01 PM | 19428

thats a cool looking place Mike. Do you have any pics you could share with us?I do... Just not on me at the moment.

Stay tuned!

I will have to get them off the computer at home.

yes pics would ROCK!!!! Hey boo man do you guys have any of wavrley hills? I seen that place on the scariest places in the world, looks way haunted!

pamelavoorheesRIP Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 06:37 PM | 19440
Cool te...

I've never had a paranormal experience although I do get dejavu alot but I think that has something to do with being slightly burnt out...lol I am opimistic though I definately believe in the spirit world. I have always wanted to go somewhere that was actually haunted but have never...
kweandee Thursday 9/25/2008 at 03:21 AM | 19501
I have to chime in on this subject. I believe in the paranormal. My mom's father used to see and hear spirits and my mom's aunt on her mother's de of the family also see and hear them. My mother and a few of my friends believe that I am a "sentive" just as my two family members. My first "encounter" was a little boy named Fred who was my invible friend for many years (No, I am not making that up. His name really was Fred). I have a vague recollection of him, but my mother remembers more about my relationship with him than I do. On occaon I have had a few more encounters with them. So far they have been mischievous or confused, but never violent - Thankfully.

I am so excited to have this section on here. I have been looking for forums about haunted dolls, but I have been unsuccessful so far.
St. Pete Slasher Sunday 9/28/2008 at 12:20 AM | 19682
I have never experienced anything in my almost 39 years of living. And after watching Penn & Teller's Bullshit about this type of thing. I just cannot ever believe in something I cannot touch or prove beyond all realm of posbility that it exists. Hence one of many reasons why I am Atheist. But I must also add that I wold never tell someone they were wrong if they really believed they saw something.
DetroitDevil Sunday 9/28/2008 at 07:28 PM | 19745
I used to be skeptical, until my second year in the Navy.

I saw a ghost then and have never forgotten it...

DarkArtist81 Monday 10/20/2008 at 04:09 AM | 21046
I believe in Ghost ! Cuz my mom is into this stuff.
The-Monster Tuesday 10/28/2008 at 01:58 AM | 21747
I have never experienced anything in my almost 39 years of living. And after watching Penn & Teller's Bullshit about this type of thing. I just cannot ever believe in something I cannot touch or prove beyond all realm of posbility that it exists. Hence one of many reasons why I am Atheist. But I must also add that I wold never tell someone they were wrong if they really believed they saw something.

Go to the Whaley House!

Im about to post some pictures from our experience there a couple years ago..

Shit gives me the creeps.
Evildsm Tuesday 10/28/2008 at 04:24 AM | 21768
The Gallotti's haunting Manon

There is a house, near of the Tijucas river, built in 1898 that when I was at school, I lived in Tijucas/SC, must have 16 or 17 years old, me and 3 friends made that stupid bet "who had courage to stay 1 hour or more on the Gallotti's house?" Sure I accept it. The horror movies always impressed me, but I never believed in paranormal activties. Well, the "legend" around this house says that it's haunting by the wife of Chiquinho Gallotti, wich was one of the city founders. All the history about this house is long and too boring, so I won't tell it. But, we went to the house. It was 7 pm. Dude, I didn't see nothing like a ghost or something, but I heard many strange noises, like kids laughing and people walking, and doors opening and creaking... We should be there for 30 or 40 minutes, and then we ran out there. The basement were used to put the servants, and were creepy as hell! The pics I puted here are real and actualized, and the house is still there.

Backyard

Front, near the river

That's the basement (in daylight)

Front again

Back again
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 10/29/2008 at 02:28 PM | 21956
Yes i belive there something after death.I watch ghost hunter from time to time.When they go into old houses and things start to happen I get the chills.
i went in to a cople of houses when my husband a were going to by one and some of the house the hair on my arms stood up I said its time to go.So yes I feel

people do stay after they die and watch or the things they love.
lapazza143 Saturday 12/13/2008 at 04:58 AM | 28060