Forums Horror Movie Talk
Vincent Price in The Last Man on Earth

If you have not seen this movie get a copy. I think it is out of print and therefore you should be able to pick up a copy very cheap. This is such a clasc and one of my favorite Vincent Price movies. This was the movie that paved the way for Omega Man as the story lines are very milar. Bacally Vincent Price survives a nuclear holocaust and is the last man on earth, or so he thinks. When darkness falls however these vampires (who move and act like zombies) surround his house looking for a feast. Price narrates almost the entire movie which is another reason I love it. He could narrate paint drying and I would listen to it. I won't ruin the rest of the film for you. This is just one of those great films that many people haven't had the chance to watch...
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 9/21/2008 at 12:01 AM | 19203
I was searching YouTube and it turns out due to the fact that this films license ran out, you can watch the whole thing there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSsvJ6w1GLk
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 9/21/2008 at 01:56 AM | 19210
Good call Justin. This is IMHO the best screen veron of Matheson's book (probably because he co-wrote it). Only thing I'd correct you on is it was a plague, not a nuclear holocaust (you're probably thinking of the Chuck Heston veron which was a war with biological weapons)."Morgan, come out..."

lblambert Sunday 9/21/2008 at 01:58 AM | 19211
yes the movie is public domain along with night of the living dead and many others meaning you can bottleg, post, sell, broadcast do whatever you want with them and not get into trouble

they are always included in those 50 horror movie sets at worst buy for 20 bucks
Johnny Bisco Sunday 9/21/2008 at 12:35 PM | 19227
yes the movie is public domain along with night of the living dead and many others meaning you can bottleg, post, sell, broadcast do whatever you want with them and not get into trouble

they are always included in those 50 horror movie sets at worst buy for 20 bucks

Got mine for 4.99 at Target.
HorrorSanctum Sunday 9/21/2008 at 09:02 PM | 19251
well I am watching it now, I will let you know what I think. So far so good!

customcritters Monday 9/22/2008 at 01:47 AM | 19266
well I am watching it now, I will let you know what I think. So far so good!

oh its a great movie

and FYI the movies was based on the book I Am Legend which was also the bas for Night Of The Living Dead which Romero admits that he ripped off Last Man On Earth to make it
Johnny Bisco Monday 9/22/2008 at 09:55 PM | 19301
wow this movie really must have set a lot of things into action. I got up to about movie number 5 on you tube and so far it rocks. Vincent Prices voice is just creepy as hell!

pamelavoorheesRIP Monday 9/22/2008 at 10:13 PM | 19304
yeah I was glad to find this on you tube it has been so long nce I have seen it. I never have seen the Charlton Heston Omega Man which I hear is pretty much a direct rip? Of course minus a few period things and added post apocalyptic elements.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 04:53 AM | 19414
okay i dunno how long its been nce anyone has posted about this topic...just joined.....anyway...all these movies are based on the book i am legend...which im sure most of you know....vincent price veron....very well done...omega man...terrible veron...sorry mr. heston, you cannot play robert neville correctly...the newest i am legend...will smith did a good job...he got the depressed, alone thing down pretty well...anyway...personally my favorite veron was definitely the vincent price veron...maybe im biased because i love vincent price...he did a wonderful job with the character and as always his narration is amazing....anyway...theres my thing...argue if you feel the need
mhzombie Saturday 9/27/2008 at 02:46 AM | 19603
okay i dunno how long its been nce anyone has posted about this topic...just joined.....anyway...all these movies are based on the book i am legend...which im sure most of you know....vincent price veron....very well done...omega man...terrible veron...sorry mr. heston, you cannot play robert neville correctly...the newest i am legend...will smith did a good job...he got the depressed, alone thing down pretty well...anyway...personally my favorite veron was definitely the vincent price veron...maybe im biased because i love vincent price...he did a wonderful job with the character and as always his narration is amazing....anyway...theres my thing...argue if you feel the need

No argument here...agree with you 100%
lblambert Saturday 9/27/2008 at 02:53 AM | 19605