Forums Horror Movie Talk
Lionsgate And WWE Are Tag-Teaming To Bring 'Leprechaun' Back To The Big Screen

If a lent mouth is sweet to hear, then maybe we should keep our mouths shut on this one, but with St. Patrick's Day just a few days away how can we? Bedes we thought it would be rather fitting to inform our Irish followers about the (insert clearing throat news here) good news that is being reported today.

http://i42.tinypic.com/htfa08.

According to Variety, Lionsgate is joining forces with WWE Studios to bring Mark Jones' cult clasc back to the big screen. Studio will team with the Connecticut-based entertainment company on a reboot of "Leprechaun," the 1993 horror pic that was one of the first starring roles for Jennifer Aniston and an instant indie hit. The film was produced by the now defunct studio Trimark, which was eventually absorbed by Lionsgate in 2000.

Both Lionsgate and WWE Studios will share producing costs as well as team on marketing strategies. Lionsgate will handle distribution.

The Leprachaun remake is set for a 2013 release, however there is currently no writer, director or cast attached. Stay tuned for more on this one.

Source: Variety
Anonymous Friday 3/16/2012 at 01:57 AM | 91479
OMFG it's going to be horrible....im so sure of that .... who's the leprechaun? hornswoggle or whatever the hell his name is... ICK
stephens540 Friday 3/16/2012 at 02:00 AM | 91481
Hornswoggle...Bwahahahahaha! You're probably right on that bro... Although Justin would probably be tickled pick on that casting choice!! Haha!
Anonymous Friday 3/16/2012 at 02:04 AM | 91482
This has to be the worst idea ever!! I would think Lionsgate would be smarter than that!!! WWE is PG nowadays so this movie would bacally be a PG-13 buddy comedy horror film. Oh God this will be even worse than anyone could imagine.
Pinhead Friday 3/16/2012 at 04:14 PM | 91485
i would tickled enough to throw up more like it
stephens540 Friday 3/16/2012 at 05:28 PM | 91488
Anyone been watching Lifes Too Short with Warwick Davis? (the little-guy that plays the leprechaun) Its freaking hilarious.
AgnesItsMeBilly Friday 3/16/2012 at 05:47 PM | 91489
I'd love it if Warwick Davis came back to reprise the role. But as we all know with remakes, things usually never stay the same. And with Hornswoggle being in WWE, I wouldn't be surprised if he got the role. Maybe they'll put Davis back in the Leprechaun role and just put some Diva in Jennifer Aniston's role. Just think, Kelly Kelly could be the next Jennifer Aniston!
ECWfanatic Saturday 3/17/2012 at 02:14 AM | 91497
Blasphemy! They'll never be able to approach the sheer cinematic genius that was Leprechaun.
Boisv Sunday 3/18/2012 at 02:43 PM | 91540
If its hornswoggle instead of warwick ill be let down. But WWE did a decent job with Kane in See No Evil imo. So its up in the air for me.
kizzle Sunday 3/18/2012 at 04:25 PM | 91544
Actually it was "a role that Warick Davis was made for" I would much rather see L7 with Warwick than a remake with somwone else. I can't stand Hornswoggle. Davis is Leprechaun as much as Englund is Freddy. They made the characters who they are.
sirbrad Friday 3/23/2012 at 04:45 AM | 91639
All I know is when I was a kid that little bastard scared the crap outta me! I really loved the original movies I thought the make up was creepy and even the goofyness had a nister feel. I cant imagine a remake would add any improvements, so by all means poor thousands of dollars into something that doesnt need to be done.
allycat2488 Saturday 3/24/2012 at 03:39 AM | 91675
I thought he was real when I was little, I still do kinda! That is how convincing and great the make-up and character is.
sirbrad Saturday 3/24/2012 at 06:16 AM | 91684