Forums Television
Will Michael Rooker Make His Return On The Season Finale of The Walking Dead?

As we all know, the final episode of The Walking Dead will be broadcast tomorrow night on AMC, and one question that is surely on every fans mind is -- What kind of cliffhanger ending are we likely to see in the episode??

Our guess is that we'll finally get to see the long over due return of Daryl's older brother Merle Dixon, who was last seen ung a hacksaw to sever off his hand, which was handcuffed by Rick to a pipe. Though no one knows exactly what happened to him, it's always been believed that he stole the van that Rick, Glenn, T-Dog and Daryl used to return to Atlanta, and posbly fled the city in it - never to be heard from again...

To further fuel our "cliffhanger" speculation, it has finally been confirmed today that Michael Rooker will appear in the third season of TWD.

During the Lollipop Chainsaw panel at WonderCon - Rooker, who offered his vocal talent to the game, announced to the crowd that his character "Merle Dixon" will indeed be back for the show's third season. While details remained unsurpringly scant at the moment, the actor did reveal that he lost twenty pounds for his returning role. Interesting...any thoughts on that? Could this have something to do with another character who is described as a twisted psychopath known mply as "The Governor" (David Morrissey) who will also be appearing in season 3?

So what's your verdict? Will Merle make his return at the end of tomorrow night's episode, or will have to wait until next season to see his ugly mug once again?

Source: the 'Bid, Michael Rooker Online
Anonymous Sunday 3/18/2012 at 01:13 AM | 91516
Honestly I can say it will be an interesting one IF HE DOES COME BACK TOMMORROW NIGHT--Because I don't see it happening tommorrow night, only because They are FAR AWAY from where they once where, from the outskirts of Atlanta, to the CDC to wherever they are now... Who knows where exactly where Merle is... That is IF HE IS with the group that Randall was associated with, who knows perphaps even leading it...which reminds me of a funny thought where the last episode, T-Dog made a reference to "The Governer", not the character, but more figure of speech... perphaps foreshadowing events to come.However I do have one prediction tommorrow night and what that is... Sophia, Dale and Shane... They were just getting warmed up on the body count, and that they will be adding more to that pile tommorrow night
REPO-n1kt Sunday 3/18/2012 at 01:24 AM | 91517
I like your angle on Merle being the leader of Randall's group, but Kirkman said in an interview with THR that "it wasn't likely to be the case" (that Merle would head the group). My guess is that The Governor will be the leader.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow night, it'll be nice to see Rooker back next season.
Anonymous Sunday 3/18/2012 at 01:36 AM | 91518
It would be nice of them to tie up some loose ends of where Merle was and what the hell he's been doing. Sorry to correct you, Merle was the older brother. Rooker plays the role very well and his return would be one of the most talked about things just like the episode "Chupacabra".

All in all, the fans will have to wait and see what happens.
SamMurders Sunday 3/18/2012 at 01:42 AM | 91519
"Merle was the older brother" DOH!! Noted and corrected...Thanks!!!
Anonymous Sunday 3/18/2012 at 02:09 AM | 91522
"Merle was the older brother" DOH!! Noted and corrected...Thanks

How dare you slip up! Rookie! CAN'T WAIT TILL SOME "TWD" LATER TODAY. BRING ON MERLE!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 3/18/2012 at 03:26 AM | 91525
Ha, I am still a rookie!! But April 9th will mark my one year Anniversary at HB!! I'll be expecting a nice present!! :)
Anonymous Sunday 3/18/2012 at 03:28 AM | 91526
Ha, I am still a rookie!! But April 9th will mark my one year Anniversary at HB!! I'll be expecting a nice present!! :)

Well lets just say that your present will be parked in your driveway!!! Car? Of course not....

It'll be in your custom Dodge Dart or as you call it the "Nizzle Magnet", next to the glove box....

It's a 1992 VHS "rip" of TROLL 2!!!!!!!

YOU'RE WELCOME!! HAHAHA, you're the man and you know it! Can't wait to see what April 9th brings. Bnizzle Day? Hmmm....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 3/18/2012 at 03:36 AM | 91527