Forums Horror Movie Talk
'Dead End'... Wait, What The... ?!?! What Are Your Thoughts?

So I decided to kickback and watch Dead End tonight, but the ending of this movie only left me thinking What the ???? o_O And this is not the good "what the ?" I was throughly enjoying this film until the ending scene. Was this movie literally suppose to end on a "Dead End" to making any sense? The title Dead End does not fit this well at all; the should've been something like Tredmill or Long Stretch of Road. I mean seriously! There are NO dead ends in this film, just a very very long stretch of road!

A de note after looking at the movie poster.... the only gns in the film just say one word, Marcott, and not once do we see any gns saying dead end. You let me down Dead End.... you let me down.... :(

As for the ending I'm not sure if I comprehended it right or if the ending really did just not make any sense once so ever. What did you get from the film? Were you confused as I am? Were you disappointed as well? Tell me how you felt after watching Dead End!

I feel somewhat cheated out after watching this...
BloodyAdored Sunday 3/25/2012 at 07:47 AM | 91723
It's been awhile nce I have seen this movie so I may be a little rusty on my knowledge of it. From what I remember taking away from it, was that the family had actually crashed their car when they almost ran over that woman in the beginning. That woman was driving with her and her child, both were killed, hence, why she is after them.

Everything that happens after the dad swerves to miss the lady I took it to be taking place inde the sters head. You know how when you fall asleep with the TV on sometimes you start dreaming about whatever it is being said on the TV? Or if someone starts whispering things into your ear as you sleep your brain is supposed to create those things

in your dream? I think that is what the filmmakers were going for with this. The ster is unconscious but her brain is still picking up things that are being said, maybe she even regained consciousness for long enough to see the man in the black car, and its creating this nightmare dream world in her head. She hears someone in the hospital saying we have to get her to dr marcott and in her dream she sees it as we have to get to marcott because its the way out. I also figured that as each character in the dream died, that was them actually dying from their injuries in real life and I guess she could sense or feel it, being in this altered state of some sort.

This movie can't be explained 100% I dont think because of things like the list that dad wrote in the dream actually being found at the scene of the crash. It's almost like the guys making this movie couldn't decide what direction they wanted to take this ending.

I always love discusng this movie with people. Everyone always has a different take on what happened.
Rezblue Sunday 3/25/2012 at 02:32 PM | 91729
Oh my gosh..... THANK YOU!!!!! That makes somewhat sense now that the guys from the film didn't really have a sense of direction on where they wanted to take the ending, because it definitely looks like it!
BloodyAdored Sunday 3/25/2012 at 02:46 PM | 91732
Ohh that's an amazing movie. Watched it 5 times..

Moving Companies Quotes
mika Saturday 4/07/2012 at 10:43 AM | 92233