Forums Off Topic
New Species of Wasp Discovered in Indonesia; SOMETHING...IN THE MIST!!!

Images of a new species of wasp discovered in Indonea are circulating the web like wildfire. I thought it was a joke when I read it or something out of a Roger Corman movie, but apparently these things are real.

This monster bug measures in at 2 1/2 inches long & has jaws that are "so large that they wrap up either de of the head when closed. When the jaws are open they are actually longer than the male’s front legs." Discovered by Lynn Kimsey, professor of entomology at the Univerty of California, she has said that "its enormous ze & ferocity make it the Kimodo Dragon of wasps". She further speculates that the jaws play a role in defense & reproduction, being large enough to wrap around the female's thorax & hold her in place during mating.

The Gary Busey of Wasps

Needless to say, the next time it's foggy, you'll be wondering if there's something in the mist. The full story can be found at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2119343/King-Wasps-Indonea-Two-half-inch-monster-jaws-longer-legs.html
CZW_CJBecker Monday 3/26/2012 at 09:38 PM | 91794
I've always had an idea for a WASP movie...(I posted this elsewhere too) A wasp breed has arrived and sports a 1 inch 'stinger' that injects poison into the human body. What follows along with immediate paralys is the body being devoured by a swarm of the wasps in order to survive and reproduce.

Roger Corman...eat your heart out! lol
aceofspades70 Thursday 3/29/2012 at 04:46 AM | 91884