Forums Horror Movie Talk
When The Time Comes, Do We Really Want A HALLOWEEN 40th Anniversary Convention?

Do not panic my fellow Bidites ... the 40th anniversary is still x years away, however when talking about organizing a convention, is x years really that long?

The 25th Anniversary Convention in 2003 didn't exactly spring up out of nowhere, but I was merely a 17 year old boy living all the way down here in Australia, at home, with no job and no money -

I didn't have a hope in hell of getting to that convention!

2012 marks the 34th anniversary nce my most, I'm sure a lot of our, most beloved horror film graced the lver screen! The film that redefined the horror genre and not only created a plethora of impersonators but also a love affair with a masked serial killer that would span the next four decades, generating seven sequels, a remake and a sequel to the remake not to mention the countless additions of newcomers to the series.

The purpose of this post is to ask: "Do we want a 40th Anniversary Convention?" Obviously I for one am with the affirmative, no longer am I 17 year old boy with no money, I am a 26 year old man with no money! However, banks are more inclined to loan money to a 26 year old rather than a 17 year old so I could definitely scrape together funds to get over to the U.S of A.

I'm sure many of you are asking why 40th and not 35th? The 35th anniversary would fall next year, next year we will hopefully have H3D being released as well the highly anticipated, by me at least, Halloween Book ... I doubt anyone with the power or know how to organize a convention would have the time to do so.

To you Bidities I am putting it out there, we have x years, I know it sounds like a long time but believe me, it will probably take someone a year or so to take notice, if we want a convention WE the fans need to make sure it happens, I solemnly commit to flying myself and my family over to the states to attend, I just feel powerless from down here to make it happen ... how can we make it happen? (this is where you put forth your suggestions)

Mikey-Myers
Mikey-Myers Thursday 3/29/2012 at 12:15 PM | 91892
Sorry about your financial troubles. But why should

we give a shit?
macktheknife Thursday 3/29/2012 at 07:21 PM | 91904
LMAO really? To be honest I don't have financial problems, my only problem with my finances is that I don't have as much as I'd like, but who does? I live quite comfortably - it was merely an attempt to add some light humor to the post, obviously it was a miss. But really? Out of that post all you have to comment on is a de note on a financial tuation, a tuation that quite frankly I didn't even ask anyone to "give a shit about" ...bravo r, bravo!

Mikey-Myers Friday 3/30/2012 at 06:26 AM | 91927