Forums Off Topic
finally some good news about my situation!!!!!!!

So i'm driving home (ha ha ya home right?) anf my ex wife calls mes up asking me where i plan on moving to. I said I didnt know and asked why.

Well to make a long story short my son no longer wants to live with her (after having to deal with her for the last 11 years i cant say I blame him) and if I move to a place where he can stay in the same school district then she will let me have custody. She even said she would take him overnight and take him to school on nights my band has practice!

I got to say my ex wife has really grown up over the last few years to realize that our son will never be happy unless he is living with me and she is willing to let him go so that he will be happy. (and pay me to boot!)

So i think I'm going to do it because at this point in his life (he just turned 11) I believe he really needs me in his life more than her.

what do you think?
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 12:42 AM | 19387
I think you gotta make sure you find a place first and your stable but I think it's great and I agree w/you about him at his age needing you more. We nuture them and teach them what we can but boys need male figures in there lives especially as they get older. We can teach them and mold them to be decent human beings but we can't teach them how to be men...a boy needs his father for that. And on a plus de you and your x-wife sound like your getting along which is great.

kweandee Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 01:01 AM | 19389
I think thats Great bro! In case you havn't noticed bro... Things are peiceing themselves back together like we all said they would bro! It's just taking some time... Hang in there! Right now getting custody of your son is Big News and I feel that it will help you and help him at the same time! There is always a light at the end of every tunnel bro! It's nice to know things are working themselves out! Glad to hear some good news bud! --Ryan

Harry Warden Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 01:02 AM | 19390
MAKE SURE YOU GET LEGAL PAPERS GNED BY HER

Mine ex did the same thing with my daughter...she promised to gn papers for 3 years. I finally had to take her to court to force her to gn!! The state will continue to take child support from you unless you make it legal!!!
HorrorSanctum Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 01:04 AM | 19391

Mine ex did the same thing with my daughter...she promised to gn papers for 3 years. I finally had to take her to court to force her to gn!! The state will continue to take child support from you unless you make it legal oh it will happen we already discussed all of that today

see a funny thing happened over the past 10 years nce she divorced me........she grew up and became less of a bitch and got more mature and looks at the whole picture instead of just herself like she used to.

hell even she said my current tuation is some bullshit and that missy was being a bitch
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 01:08 AM | 19392

Mine ex did the same thing with my daughter...she promised to gn papers for 3 years. I finally had to take her to court to force her to gn!! The state will continue to take child support from you unless you make it legal oh it will happen we already discussed all of that today

see a funny thing happened over the past 10 years nce she divorced me........she grew up and became less of a bitch and got more mature and looks at the whole picture instead of just herself like she used to.

hell even she said my current tuation is some bullshit and that missy was being a bitch

Nevertheless....NEVER TRUST AN EX!!!

I made that mistake many many many many times....it's been 18 years and I still don't trust her.
HorrorSanctum Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 01:12 AM | 19395
im not taking him unless papers are gned mani know what youre saying BELIEVE me
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 01:15 AM | 19397
As a friend I say that's great news and I'm happy for you...

As a lawyer who practices family law I say listen to Uncle Sammy...get everything done properly in writing. By writing I don't mean a letter from her saying what she's agreed to. I see unrepresented people trying to use those letters all the time and the letters are more useful as toilet paper than as legal documents. All a person has to say is "I wrote that before I had any legal advice and I no longer agree to it" and that's that. It costs a few bucks more to get it done by way of a consent court order but you'll save yourself in the long run.

Trust ol Yukon!
lblambert Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 01:36 AM | 19400

As a lawyer who practices family law I say listen to Uncle Sammy...get everything done properly in writing. By writing I don't mean a letter from her saying what she's agreed to. I see unrepresented people trying to use those letters all the time and the letters are more useful as toilet paper than as legal documents. All a person has to say is "I wrote that before I had any legal advice and I no longer agree to it" and that's that. It costs a few bucks more to get it done by way of a consent court order but you'll save yourself in the long run.

Trust ol Yukon!Oh Lee, what could you posbly know about custody batttles......oh wait! Great news John! I agree with Des however in the fact that you need to take it slow and make sure your taken care of before your son comes into the picture. We are all pulling for you Bisc!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 01:51 AM | 19401

Trust ol Yukon!Oh Lee, what could you posbly know about custody batttles......oh wait! Great news John! I agree with Des however in the fact that you need to take it slow and make sure your taken care of before your son comes into the picture. We are all pulling for you Bisc!HMm before you can comment on this thread you need to be able to spell BATTLES!!
HorrorSanctum Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 02:07 AM | 19404
YEHHH Get'EM SAM!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I've waited for this moment for some time now! LMAO--Ryan

Harry Warden Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 02:10 AM | 19405

Trust ol Yukon!Oh Lee, what could you posbly know about custody batttles......oh wait! Great news John! I agree with Des however in the fact that you need to take it slow and make sure your taken care of before your son comes into the picture. We are all pulling for you Bisc!HMm before you can comment on this thread you need to be able to spell BATTLES

ok I think there might be a slight difference between typing fast and not knowing how to spell the word battles?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 03:00 AM | 19407
ok I think there might be a slight difference between typing fast and not knowing how to spell the word battles?

you can't blame Sam...he's used to Ryan

lblambert Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 03:03 AM | 19408

you can't blame Sam...he's used to Ryan I'll drink to that!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 03:08 AM | 19410
That's some good news Johnny! As soon as those papers get drawn up and your on your feet I think having your son around can be a really good thing for both of you. It is good to see this post man because I have been thinking about your tuation and hoping things were getting better for you!
quietonthesetstudios Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 05:10 AM | 19415
Remember what I said two weeks ago after you almost puked up that 151 cherry... Good will come from this, give it time!

Wax on, wax off...
CartyParty Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 05:40 AM | 19416
Congratulations Bisco that's great news!
deathrisingup Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 01:22 PM | 19420
what do you think?

I think that the boy needs to be with you at this time. If his mother is unstable his mind can take a mental beating at this age. And it could be a permanent fixture in the long run.
Petronix Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 04:08 PM | 19429
thanks for the kind words and support guys!

well AFTER i get my finances in place and get my new place then we are going to do a t down with my son to explain to him that full time dad is a whole lot different than weekend dad. so if that all falls into place then we will go to the friend of the cunt i mean court and getting papers drawn up and make it all legal
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 09:06 PM | 19452
So i'm driving home (ha ha ya home right?) anf my ex wife calls mes up asking me where i plan on moving to. I said I didnt know and asked why.

Well to make a long story short my son no longer wants to live with her (after having to deal with her for the last 11 years i cant say I blame him) and if I move to a place where he can stay in the same school district then she will let me have custody. She even said she would take him overnight and take him to school on nights my band has practice!

I got to say my ex wife has really grown up over the last few years to realize that our son will never be happy unless he is living with me and she is willing to let him go so that he will be happy. (and pay me to boot!)

So i think I'm going to do it because at this point in his life (he just turned 11) I believe he really needs me in his life more than her.

what do you think?

You get your Son and she is being cordial...for your band needs...Sounds like a good plan to me...
Matthew Mayhem Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 09:26 PM | 19453