Forums Horror Movie Talk
Malcolm McDowell Speaks About His Role In The Remake Of 'Silent Night, Deadly Night'

Last week, Variety broke the news that a "loose" remake of the 1984 killer Christmas clasc "lent Night, Deadly Night" was forthcoming, with shooting expected to commence next month. Directed by Steven C. Miller with a script from Jayson Rothwell, the film (now titled mply "lent Night") will star the legendary Malcolm McDowell ("A Clockwork Orange") as Sheriff Cooper -- a small town hero ready for some big action.

Speaking of McDowell, IFC had the chance to speak with the actor to discuss his latest film "Suing the Devil," and in the process he offered up some small details about his character in lent Night.

"I'm the good guy," McDowell said "And I'm chang the bad Santa."

For an actor so accustomed to roles that are the antithes of the “good guy” it will be a welcome respite from the rigors of always having to be the “bad guy.”

“Yeah,” added McDowell. “That’s one of the reasons I wanted to do it. I’m happy to do it and I hope it’s going to be good.”

Don’t expect McDowell to incorporate any ideas from Charles E. Sellier Jr.’s original film, though, because he's never seen them.

“No, I haven’t,” he said. “And I’m not going to.”

Look for lent Night to hit theaters this Christmas season.

Source:IFC
Anonymous Monday 4/09/2012 at 10:30 PM | 92315
I really do enjoy Malcolm and IMO if there's a horrible remake or sequel to a good clasc horror film I would rather him in it as he reminds me of some of the older actors from the clascs.
FB92 Tuesday 4/10/2012 at 03:17 AM | 92324
While I don't know how good the remake will be I know for a fact Malcolm McDowell will be great in this movie.
Pinhead Tuesday 4/10/2012 at 03:09 PM | 92328