Forums Horror Movie Talk
Director Kimberly Peirce Talks 'Carrie' ... Julianne Moore To Play Carrie's Mom?

With the Carrie reboot now starting to create a lot of buzz in the industry, more and more details are starting to surface for the modern day take on the Stephen King clasc.

Director Kimberly Peirce recently took to Facebook to offer up a few words on the direction of the film and what star Chloe Moretz is willing to do to make sure that her role of "Carrie" is very convincing.

"I am modernizing the story as one has to in order to bring any great piece of work written in one era into the next and especially given how very relevant this material is right now."

"Chloe is going deep into character to get this right....sewing her own dresses, spending time in her closet....and so much more....Thanks for all the great wishes. We are on it! And privileged to be working with such great source material."

In other news, Bloody Disgusting is reporting that another member may be joining Moretz in the cast. According to Bloody,

Columbia Pictures is currently in talks with Julianne Moore to play the role of Carrie's crazed mother in the reboot. I personally think that this is an excellent choice, and I would love to see Moore tackle this role.

Carrie is expected to hit theaters on March 15, 2013.

Source: Facebook Source: B-D
Anonymous Monday 4/16/2012 at 08:29 PM | 92520