Forums Horror Movie Talk
'Frankenstein's Army' Reveals A Realistic Prop That Is Not For Those With A Weak Stomach

If your a Universal Monsters fan, particularly Frankenstein's monster, then I'm sure that your about as excited as we are to see Frankenstein's Army which is currently filming in the Czech Republic.

Today we were treated to a very grotesque image, which comes to us from Twitch, showcang a pretty realistic prop of a corpse with its brain exposed which was used in Richard Raaphorst's upcoming flick. Special Effects Supervisor Rogier Samuels, who appeared last week on the Netherlands talk show "De Wereld Draait Door," is the creative genius behind this awesome visual which can be seen below.

Shooting in and around Prague, the movie marks Dutch director Raaphorst's debut after his award winning Worst Case Scenario shorts took the internet by storm and catapulted his vionary alternate history of World War II into the public eye.

The hotly-anticipated action/horror film, stars Karel Roden (The Abandoned, Hellboy, A Lonely Place to Die) who plays mad Nazi scientist Viktor. Alexander Mercury (The Golden Compass), Joshua Sasse (The Big I Am), Luke Newberry (The Heart of Me), Andrei Zayats (X-Men: First Class), and Hon Ping Tang (The Fifth Element) also star.

Frankenstein's Army takes place toward the end of World War II, as Rusan soldiers push into eastern Germany and stumble across a secret Nazi lab, one that has unearthed and begun experimenting with the journal of one Dr. Viktor Frankenstein. The scientists have used the legendary Frankenstein's work to assemble an army of super-soldiers stitched together from the body parts of their fallen comrades - a desperate Hitler's last ghastly ploy to escape defeat.

Source:Twitch
Anonymous Wednesday 4/18/2012 at 08:55 PM | 92576