Forums Off Topic
Bunch of Bull Crap...

So I herd I was going to be Fierd today... I was late getting into work because our power went out and with no power means No Alarm Clock... I called the Boss this morning and let a message on his Machine in the office telling him I was going to be a little late getting to work... So I get there and ask him if he got my message because he wasnt in his office when I called... He relys "Yes I Got It- in not so much of a good tone"...

I finished the day out and met up with Mom in the parking lot and she had said how Rhonda from Human Resources had told her due to me being late today they were going to more than likely fire me today... Anyway, they never fired me today and the company I work for are the "Taking Advantage of you type"...

At the end of the day the announced Mandatory Over time for Monday and Tueday and how we gotta be there at 6... So... My concluons to this are they are going to wait until after I am done being there bitch for M and T and then fire me... Idunno...

I'm going to give them an earfull if they do... Been there Over a year and still have not gotton and Benifits, Vacation, Paid Holidays, ck time EXC... They claim it's not in there Budget and they can't give me that at the time... So...

Them!!! --Ryan

Harry Warden Saturday 9/27/2008 at 12:04 AM | 19579
You want a job?? I'll giva ya my job. You'll never see the light of day again. LOL.
SithLord Saturday 9/27/2008 at 12:20 AM | 19582
I'm going to give them an earfull if they do... Been there Over a year and still have not gotton and Benifits, Vacation, Paid Holidays, ck time EXC... They claim it's not in there Budget and they can't give me that at the time... So...

Them

You're a neurosurgeon, right?
lblambert Saturday 9/27/2008 at 12:34 AM | 19584
Work in a Warehouse... ummm.... haha whats a neuroserseon? --Ryan
Harry Warden Saturday 9/27/2008 at 12:50 AM | 19585
Work in a Warehouse... ummm.... haha whats a neuroserseon? --Ryan

he makes it so easy...

lblambert Saturday 9/27/2008 at 12:53 AM | 19586
So I herd I was going to be Fierd today... I was late getting into work because our power went out and with no power means No Alarm Clock... I called the Boss this morning and let a message on his Machine in the office telling him I was going to be a little late getting to work... So I get there and ask him if he got my message because he wasnt in his office when I called... He relys "Yes I Got It- in not so much of a good tone"...

I finished the day out and met up with Mom in the parking lot and she had said how Rhonda from Human Resources had told her due to me being late today they were going to more than likely fire me today... Anyway, they never fired me today and the company I work for are the "Taking Advantage of you type"...

At the end of the day the announced Mandatory Over time for Monday and Tueday and how we gotta be there at 6... So... My concluons to this are they are going to wait until after I am done being there bitch for M and T and then fire me... Idunno...

Them!!! --Ryan

well im pulling for you man

just make sure you get in on time do your things and see what happens
Johnny Bisco Saturday 9/27/2008 at 01:05 AM | 19587
Ryan that stinks bro! Not having a job is never good. Hang in there you'll bounce back.

We could make you HorrorBid's head of foreign relations! Your first stop......Canada.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 9/27/2008 at 01:25 AM | 19588
We could make you HorrorBid's head of foreign relations! Your first stop......Canada.He'd never survive

lblambert Saturday 9/27/2008 at 01:27 AM | 19589
We could make you HorrorBid's head of foreign relations! Your first stop......Canada.He'd never survive
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 9/27/2008 at 01:28 AM | 19590
that stinks! go in and look your boss square in his eye and do this

oldskool Saturday 9/27/2008 at 02:25 AM | 19599
Hey Ryan, sounds like (if) they've got it in for you and you need to make sure you're not late again.
DaShape Saturday 9/27/2008 at 01:36 PM | 19622
Hey Ryan, sounds like (if) they've got it in for you and you need to make sure you're not late again. thats what i was saying

i dont think they really "have it in for you" so much as you were given a subtle warning not to fuck up

show up on time, set a secondary alarm i do i use my cell phone as a back up alarm
Johnny Bisco Saturday 9/27/2008 at 03:00 PM | 19624
I completely get what you guys are saying and you're absolutely right about it, BUT there is company policey to give an employee 3 written warnings before anyone is terminated... I havn't received NOT even 1 written warning. I hardley EVER miss work, I'm generally on time every day, and I give that company 110%... They can't even give me 1/2 of what I earned... and now because I was a little later getting there, they are talking about fireing me? wtf...

They are seriously a crooked company and here is a Very good example: when I first started working there, a friend of mine worked with me "Josh"... He ended up leaving TBF so he could go back to school and do something better which I thought was a very kool thing for him to do... Well through-out the time he was gone I can remember asking the Warehouse Manager "Dave Kettle" when I would be getting in full-time so I can have my benifits and what not... He told me this and I qoute : " The only way that can happen is if someone gets moved over to the other warehouse at Mountain Lake Park OR if someone just leaves in general... So... Shot down when I asked... Anyway I figured oh well, I'll just wait it out and see... SO... About 2 months ago "Josh" came back to the warhouse... and than about 3 days after Josh was back wayne got fired on the fork-lift for not making enough moves in a day...

it didn't go but the day after he got fired, that they put Josh on FULL TIME and let him TAKE OVER the fork-lift postion.......... Now don't get me wrong here because I love josh, he's an awesome guy and I feel bad for wayne, cuz he was just one funny mo fo... But the point is, the company didnt even bother asking me or putting me in that postion when in all reality they should have... Thats just an example... I'm happy that Josh got it, just dissapointed in the company for not even asking me...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Saturday 9/27/2008 at 05:20 PM | 19631
and Josh was actually gone for about a Years time before returning... I was there the whole time throughout that year waiting for full time to finally come my way...

Just a bunch of stuff like this that gets to me... and Josh even said they should have came to me about it... It's all good... I'm not a whiner and I am not going to complain to the boss about whats fair and whats not like a little kid... and it's not Josh's fault so I Don't hold anything against him for it, why should I? So the only

crookedness is the Company itself...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Saturday 9/27/2008 at 05:27 PM | 19632
You know Ryan, even though I poke fun at you from time to time the reality is you're a good guy and you deserve better treatment than you're getting. From what you've said here and in some of our previous discusons it sounds like you've gone as far as you're going there and they have no intention of making you f/t. The sense I get is that it's not a matter of you not being good enough nor them being a crooked company, it's just that you and this company are not a good fit for one another. Maybe it's time to start looking elsewhere for an employer that will appreciate what you bring to the table and use you effectively.
lblambert Saturday 9/27/2008 at 07:02 PM | 19645
I apreciate that Lee... Working there the past few months has only made my life worse. I'm just tied of being taken advantage of. They have sertainly gotton there moneys worth out of me, and I'm just tierd of feeling like a nobody at that place and I'm so burnt out on trying all I can try to gain something nice from a place that just doesnt seem to want to accept me... I don't understand... I've gave all I can and I've saved them so much money on charge backs from Truckers that havn't gotton there load unloaded under the 2 hr. contract time... I have literally lost 50 pounds there just working my ass off trying to gain something back... It seems like all I have done was loose a battle that couldn't be won in the first place... Looking elsware for a new job seems to be the only alternative I really have... I just have a hard time understanding why I should if I do a good job where I already am... I don't understand what is so hard about accepting me into the company... They say they are making more money than they ever did before because of all these Lean thinking courses and practices that all of us have to do in order to do things faster... But yet when they wernt making as much money they were hiring people full time... I don't understand how it's not in the budget... What it all boils down to, is the fact that this company wants and wants and wants from the employees and everything is NOT fast enough and no matter what you do there it is never good enough...I geuss I don't have much choice but to go elseware, but when I leave there, I am at least going to tell that Manager exactly how they made me feel as a (Seasonal Employee for over a year) and what I think them...

I do not intend to get down and dirty with them, but to clearly state my point of view and how rediculous it is...

Anyway... I apreciate the kind words Lee! It does feel good to hear someone tell me that, when my own company can't even acknowledge that...

Yes I know Lee... acknowledge is prolly wrong... LMAO...

Laughter is the best medicine for bumbed-out-ness!

Thanks Guys! --Ryan

Harry Warden Saturday 9/27/2008 at 07:35 PM | 19646
That's messed up Ryan...

I agree with Lee...it definately sounds like you are about as far as your going to go in that company. If they're intention was to make you full time they would have already. sometimes that is the way it is and if they can't give you what you need it may be about time you start looking for something more suitable for you. Company sounds alittle shady to me from what I've been reading anyway...I wouldn't worry to much I know looking for work sucks but from what it sounds like it would be worth the aggrivation. So if they were to fire you it's all as well they weren't giving you what you needed anyway. You could just take it as an opprotunity to find something better.

;)
kweandee Saturday 9/27/2008 at 08:26 PM | 19649
You definitely need to get a backup alarm. I have two myself and have never been late for work. At my place of employment, attendance is the number one reason for employee dismissal.

Most employers have the "my way or the highway" mentality, and there's really nothing you can do about that unless you happen to belong to a union of some kind.
gummi Monday 9/29/2008 at 01:36 AM | 19787
Sounds like it might be time to walk Ryan.

Find a place that likes and appreciates you.

I know it's way eaer said than done, especially in this economy, but I'd certainly start looking elsewhere.

Hope it all works out bud.
deathrisingup Monday 9/29/2008 at 12:39 PM | 19806