Forums The Skeleton Crew
The Skeleton Crew #13: Cabin in the Woods - Horror Hit or Horror Hype?

TheSkeletonCrew Thursday 4/19/2012 at 03:21 AM | 92595
Mike's creepy pants... as heard on minute 46:40

TheSkeletonCrew Thursday 4/19/2012 at 09:39 AM | 92600
Loving the pants! Good show guys, a lot of feelings you guys expressed are the same ones I had. I really was anxious to hear a show about The Cabin in the Woods. Also love the coverage of the headlines and the Netflix pic of the week is DOPE!

Now time to listen to House of Horror to hear some more Cabin in the Woods talk. I am so damn split on my opinion of this movie, LOL! The more listening the better. People are asking me whether to see it and I'm like yes but.....

Hopefully I'll finally make up my mind soon. Nice Danielle Harris pants Mike. :)
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 4/20/2012 at 02:49 AM | 92616
Thanks man, from what we heard so far youre about the only person who shares our feelings on CitW! Everyone else absolutely loves it! I dont hate it, just thought it was all over the place. Most horror movies arent perfect, this one is no exception. If people are lovin it though, good for them. Its always good to hear people are having a good time with the new horror flicks out. God knows, most dont.
TheSkeletonCrew Friday 4/20/2012 at 09:33 AM | 92621
no offense i love the show and have ben following horrorbid for well over a year now, but the fact that you looked into the trailer as if it were a reality show or reality type show already skewed your opinion before you ever watched it. I know you guys look for problems in movies and discuss them i get that but, that also takes away from the viewing experience. I understood real quick that the buness that the crew was in was in the murder buness and not knowing exactly why was part of the fun. I dont mean to bash your opinion at all but in 5 minutes of your pod cast you picked out points that to me were some of the most enjoyable part of the movie. The ending with the cubes and all the killers was so much fun and very a great 3rd act to this movie. Yes i would have loved for them to explore that more but, that wasnt what this movie was about. This movie was about the one that got away, which is the premiss of every horror movie, the fact that you didnt pick up on that kinda bums me out. If in every horror movie the girl (or guy) lives then why in a movie,thats showing who is controlling the horror movies, would the girl not get away? I really love this movie for the things it brings up about horror movies,( when he zaps the knife outta danas hand i lost my shit) but i think your being way to harsh one an idea that is fresh and innovative to our favorite genre. was it the best ever? no. did it create a new fun out look on horror? yes. was it fun? with out a doubt, as long as you didnt go into it with a jaded attitude.
cainn marko Saturday 4/21/2012 at 03:03 AM | 92646
We gave our opinions about the movie. Its not a bad movie, just not our cup of tea. We would never bash anyone for liking it. I thought we gave valid arguements but we do understand that not everyone will agree with us.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the movie and i hope you'll continue to listen to The Skeleton Crew.

-Mike
LoomisLives2010 Saturday 4/21/2012 at 04:33 AM | 92647
i love the skeleton crew and am glad you guys put out great shows for us horror fans. i just thought on this cast you guys were more harsh on the movie. like if this movie didnt have all the hype you wouldn't have expected muchand would posbly enjoy it more. once again im not hating on your opinions, im just sharing my thoughts on the movie as well. i honestly didnt like the 3rd act of this movie at all with the first viewing but after 2 or 3 more views it really became much much better.anyways enough bitching keep up the good work.
cainn marko Sunday 4/22/2012 at 07:19 PM | 92667
thanks cainn

I am glad you didn't like the 3rd act at all upon 1st view. It gives you a better perspective on our opinions. We only watched it once. So maybe now you can see where were coming from. I did mention to Mike (on the show) that it is a posble belief of mine that the first view is the worst. Apparently I was correct based on your experience alone. Once all the guess work is done and I can just relax and take in the experience of the movie, there's no doubt it will be more enjoyable.

I really hope the show didnt come off as a bashing. I really dont hate this movie...

Thanks for your feedback and for taking the time to check out our shows. Glad to hear you enjoy it for the most part.-Alex
TheSkeletonCrew Monday 4/23/2012 at 01:00 AM | 92674