Forums Horror Movie Talk
Bill Moseley - One of the Most Underrated Stars in Hollywood?

Bill Moseley. The name may not ring a bell for many of the top stars or directors of Hollywood, but to true horror genre fans, actors and vets, that name probably gives them chills. Bill has starred in almost 100 movies from starring roles to cameos. He started his career in Endangered Species as a cab driver then moved to a bigger role in 1986s Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 as the infamous and hardly forgettable Choptop. nce then hes been in numerous horror movies including one of my personal favorites Darren Lynn Bousmans Repo!

The Genetic Opera. He's worked with Rob Zombie in House of 1k Corpses and The Devils Rejects, he had a cameo in the 1990 remake of NOTLD, was in Army of Darkness, most recently he was in NOTLD 3D: Origins and the new TCM 3D. With that kind of resume you think he'd be a bigger star but sadly, it seems he is still under rated.

Bill is a very versatile actor and plays his parts well bringing originality to each character. I'm excited to see the last 2 movies I mentioned, not only because he plays in them but they both seem fairly interesting.

So i ask everyone here, that is if your a fan, what are your favorite Bill Moseley movies or moments?
kizzle Friday 4/20/2012 at 06:07 PM | 92627
He is a horror legend with a gigantic fan base. I dont think he is underrated at all. Why do you think that? because he hasn't broken into "the mainstream"? His bread is buttered in the halls of horror, no need to stray. I love him, one of my all time favourite actors and people. here's to one of the best!
ny ghoul Friday 4/20/2012 at 08:45 PM | 92630
Not the best actor. And half of the roles he does aren't even that good. But he's a decent Horror actor.
FB92 Friday 4/20/2012 at 09:10 PM | 92633
I guess under rated may have been the wrong word... But ya know what i mean. Look at his resume. Hes worked with alot of big names and what not. I guess i did mean he's under rated bc he hasnt been in big budget movies but youre right tho, no need to stray. Im just sayin i think it is a bit surpring he hasnt been in many bigger budget flicks. He could obviously handle them no problem. Im excited to see him play charlie manson in the upcoming movie, i believe is called the manson girls.
kizzle Saturday 4/21/2012 at 02:03 AM | 92641
Bill is perfect as Chop Top in TCM2..loved the energy and craziness he has.. also as Otis Driftwood in the 2 Rob Zombie films. I haven't seen Repo or Endangered Species.
UberJason78 Saturday 4/21/2012 at 10:53 AM | 92649
I guess under rated may have been the wrong word... But ya know what i mean. Look at his resume. Hes worked with alot of big names and what not. I guess i did mean he's under rated bc he hasnt been in big budget movies but youre right tho, no need to stray. Im just sayin i think it is a bit surpring he hasnt been in many bigger budget flicks. He could obviously handle them no problem. Im excited to see him play charlie manson in the upcoming movie, i believe is called the manson girls.

he's awesome, noone could have played Otis Driftwood the way he did.
ny ghoul Sunday 4/22/2012 at 02:36 AM | 92656
It's best that Bill Moseley hasn't leaped into the depths of mainstream cinema. Gaining fame all too quickly that way leads to forgettable roles and eventually out of the limelight completely. It was perfectly stated that he's a Horror Legend and doesn't need to change a thing. Also, spot his appearances in Rob Zombie's spoof trailer in the Grindhouse double-feature: "Werewolf Women of the SS" and the overlooked third installment in the "lent Night, Deadly Night" series.
buried13 Sunday 4/22/2012 at 02:14 PM | 92660
As much as I loved Otis, who could forget Chop Top? Chop Top is my favorite.
Boisv Thursday 4/26/2012 at 11:22 PM | 92770
I watched Repo the Genetic Opera and loved it but I didnt make the connection until I was watching Devils Rejects and I freaked out! OMG Otis can fucking ng! Love his versatility and for some reason I find his voice very creepy!
allycat2488 Saturday 4/28/2012 at 09:14 AM | 92806
I love me some Bill Moseley. Got to meet him at a convention last year.

Super nice.

Chop Top and Otis Driftwood are both awesome, but I think my favorite Moseley flick has to be Dead Air, just cuz he played a completely different, lead 'hero' character role and pulled it off really well.

It was nice seeing him in a role that wasn't crazy psycho.
steelcorpfilms Monday 5/07/2012 at 06:23 PM | 92961
Bill has starred in almost 100 movies from starring roles to cameos just wanna say WOW
steveyoung695 Friday 7/20/2012 at 05:06 PM | 94942
http://youtu.be/LWcUQe9nACY
TheSkeletonCrew Sunday 7/29/2012 at 05:56 PM | 95145