Forums Horror Movie Talk
What's your favorite type of vampire?

okay vampires blah blah blah....im curious....books, movies, comic books, whereever you wanna take your vampire from....what kind of vampire is your favorite? i admit i was quite partial to the anne rice vampires...especially lestat...yes main character...but he has a great persona.....anyway...i think ive moved on to the necroscope vampires...if your havent noticed..im a book person as much as i am a movie person....the necroscope vampires are cool because it isnt just get bitten, suck some vampire blood and there you are....the vampires in this story are like parates that feed on the human and the vampire takes over the human body after time....anyway....just wondered....

what's your favorite type of vampire?
mhzombie Saturday 9/27/2008 at 03:23 AM | 19609
First off, Welcome to the Board bro!

and my Favorite Vamp... (Mr. Dandridge)--Fright Night...

Just flat out creepy mo fo!!! haha... There is one more for those of you that remember the 80's TV Show "Dark Shadows"? That Vamp was pretty kool as well from what I remember as a young young youngster! --Ryan

Harry Warden Saturday 9/27/2008 at 06:08 AM | 19619
This is actually a veryu good question. Last year I was talking with a friend who works on the degn team for the Halloween Horror Nights event at Universal Studios. He was telling me one of their biggest challenges last year was degning the Vampyre house and coming up with a look for the vampires nce people have such varied ideas of what vampires should look like.

Personally, I'm a Count Chocula man!
lblambert Sunday 9/28/2008 at 12:51 AM | 19688
I thought Lestat was a very cool take onthe vampire but I also enjoyed the lost boys and the newer style like 30 days of night.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 9/28/2008 at 01:18 AM | 19691
I thought Lestat was a very cool take onthe vampire but I also enjoyed the lost boys and the newer style like 30 days of night.

Agreed, I think I really enjoyed the Vamps from 30 DAYS OF NIGHT
DaShape Sunday 9/28/2008 at 11:34 PM | 19778
Personally, I like my Vamps like Count Orlock or Mr. Barlow.

At least in true vampire horror films.

I DO love what Rice did with her vampires as well, in the film adaptation they were particularly well done.But something is just terrifying about that bald head, sharp features, claws and stark eyes...

DarkArtist81 Monday 9/29/2008 at 03:29 AM | 19796
I think that clasc will be always the best... Clasc like Nosferatu, he creeps me out! New types of vampires, like Dracula from Dracula 2000 are poor in details and too human, when they need to be diferent of us: deep white skin, long teeths and turn into a bat.... Clascs, u know?
LÜCKMANN Thursday 10/02/2008 at 07:01 PM | 20001
nce Barnabas Collins from Dark Shadows (aired from '66 - '71, not 80's) was my first exposure to vampires, I'd have to say that is my favorite take on them.

He had a mysterious and romantic vibe that Anne Rice wrote into her characters as well.

I'm also partial to the modern slant given to vampires in Lost Boys and True Blood.

After finally watching 30 Days of Night and the 30 minute 30 Days: Dust to Dust, I can honestly say I don't like their take on vampires.
Snoballz Sunday 10/05/2008 at 05:06 PM | 20144